Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
eflite msr and heli max novus FP? >

eflite msr and heli max novus FP?

eflite msr and heli max novus FP?

Old 03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default eflite msr and heli max novus FP?

Ive been looking at both of these and would like to know the difference between the two and also witch one is good for indoor and outdoor? They both seem to look very solid and the only major thing I have found is that the FP has aluminum parts vs the msr looks like it dont.
Thanks for any and all responses
Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Regional Moderator

I have an msr. It is definitely more suited for indoor flying. Aluminum parts add bling but, the also bend and tend to cause other parts to break.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Go with the Blade MSR. I have been an E-Flite man you could say for my heli career thus far. Started with a Blade CX2 -> Blade MCX -> Blade MSR -> MCX Tandem -> Blade SR -> Blade 400 3D. All FANTASTIC birds, parts are in abundance and they are CHEAP. I just recently aquired for the hell of it my first Heli-max the Novus CP to try them out. The one thinf I LOVE about E-Flite is the packaging, it doubles perfectly as a travel case for their birds. Stiff cardboard box with molded styrofoam inside. The Novus packaging is cheap and it sucks. The MSR can take 10 times the abuse the Novus helis can take. The only thing I have ever replaced on my MSR is one blade grip and it has been through hours of flight, crashed into every wall in my house and dropped down 2 flights of stairs without a scratch. I have replaced many parts on the heli-max and have only flown it 4 or 5 times. It is a little more expensive to fix also. The aluminum looks great but if you have a bad crash you can tweak more than one part since they are so small where as on the MSR you more likely to just bust one plastic part which is an easy fix.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Kodiak,

No micro is really suited to outdoors unless it's absolutely dead calm. It doesn't take much crosswind at all to render a micro unflyable.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

I'm in the same boat. It looks like the mSR is more preferred than the Novus.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i love my msr! that thing is a great lil heli and it was a great next step from the coaxial heli's. the only time i didn't love my msr is when i got greedy and bought the bling bling for it. i ruined it hahah. well, e-flight so far has had some great products that have helped me get into flying.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Red face Blade mSR Vs. Heli-Max Novus FP

The Blade mSR overall is a much better fixed pitch heli than Novus FP. A lot of thought was put into the design of the mSR, a lot of the technical aspects of the mSR are lacking on the Novus FP. The mRS require much less adjustments and the main blades are much more durable that those of the Novus FP. If you get the Novus, make sure you order a lot of spare blades, you will need them. The tail rotor on the mSR is direct driven, if you crash just straighten the blades and off you go, the Novus' tail rotor is gear driven, they often become unmeshed even after the slightest impact, requiring realignment of the motor. The tail gyro of the mSR matches the tail rotor config. perfectly, with almost no blow-outs and holds a perfect heading, you have to work hard to hold the nose straight on the Novus. With a little experience you can hover the mSR in ground effect quite effectively, the Novus FP will not hover in ground effect. E-Flight has done a much better job on the mSR than Heli-Max has done on the Novus FP.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The MSR is a great heli, my father has one its fun to mess with, i do fly it outside in the afternoons when wind is down we have flown it at the club in about 2-5 mph winds but it doesnt do very well.

the new MCPX is going to be even better being fully a CP heli.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have an mSR and the thing is a beast. It takes so much punishment that it baffles me!!! I even crashed mine into the kitchen sink which had a pan filled with 1-2" of water. Half of the mSR was submerged and stopped working, but I turned it off and back on and it was fine and hasn't missed a beat since. I know I was EXTREMELY lucky there. But I've also crashed it lots of times in the house and only broken a landing gear and bent the tail rotor.

If you are patient you can learn to fly it slowly in a day.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by kodiakbear7070 View Post
Ive been looking at both of these and would like to know the difference between the two and also witch one is good for indoor and outdoor? They both seem to look very solid and the only major thing I have found is that the FP has aluminum parts vs the msr looks like it dont.
Thanks for any and all responses
Novus FP FTW!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If anybody's interested, I have a Heli-Max for sale in the For Sale section - it's not the Novus, but the CPv3, missing only a few parts with TONS of extras - $85 shipped currently, if you have a reasonable offer it's yours!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9711090

If you're interested, check it out!

Dan
Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan-RC View Post
If anybody's interested, I have a Heli-Max for sale in the For Sale section - it's not the Novus, but the CPv3, missing only a few parts with TONS of extras - $85 shipped currently, if you have a reasonable offer it's yours!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9711090

If you're interested, check it out!

Dan
Hey what happened to your write-up on the helimax? Is it somewhere on your new site?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TedMosby View Post
Hey what happened to your write-up on the helimax? Is it somewhere on your new site?
(Sigh)

No, Google has disabled and will delete my account because it JUST noticed that I apparently am not old enough to use a GMail account and stuff - so annoyed. There is a thread called "NOT HAPPY, GOOGLE" in the chat forum if you want more information.

I can't get any of my information back.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan-RC View Post
(Sigh)

No, Google has disabled and will delete my account because it JUST noticed that I apparently am not old enough to use a GMail account and stuff - so annoyed. There is a thread called "NOT HAPPY, GOOGLE" in the chat forum if you want more information.

I can't get any of my information back.
That sucks. Well I guess the cp wasn't right for you huh?
Old 09-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TedMosby View Post
That sucks. Well I guess the cp wasn't right for you huh?
Yeah, I really liked the Heli-Max Axe CPv3, but once I started working with it there are just SOOOO many parts and stuff that I couldn't figure out how to fix it, and then I broke another part, I'm going to try planes, now!

Here's my UAV site:

http://uavcreation.webs.com/

Dan