Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how to modified my LAMA v4 with blinking led both front and back

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile how to modified my LAMA v4 with blinking led both front and back

how to modified my LAMA v4 with blinking led both front and back.....

i dont know the connection please help me.....

br
Old 02-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Tech Rookie

The Lama v4 comes in two versions. If its the stock 72mhz version you may not have enough channels open on your receiver to pull this off. if its the 2.4ghz version they have a 6 channel receiver, just like the co-dauphin does and the Hunter does as well. What you'll do is you will order 2 replacement blinking lights for the esky co-dauphin or the sky hunter, probably from Xheli. They come with long leads on them. You will cut the 3 pin connector off one of the lights, then you will splice the two lights together to use one connector. Drill some holes in your body where you want the lights, and glue them inplace using CA glue. Then connect the Lights to either channel 5 or channel 6 of your receiver. Whenever you plug the battery in you will have blinking lights.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Make sure you get the polarity correct, maybe test before you solder the connections and install. Led's are diodes and allow current to flow only in one direction. Color coded wires, especially from China, are not always correct.

Just my 2 cents.

Marty
Old 03-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up Blinky LED'S

Originally Posted by JetsOverBaguio
Make sure you get the polarity correct, maybe test before you solder the connections and install. Led's are diodes and allow current to flow only in one direction. Color coded wires, especially from China, are not always correct.

Just my 2 cents.

Marty
I stole some red-blue blinkies from an unknown heli I, got for parts and it's truly a light show! Makes me giggle,just watching the lights changing from red to blue and it's a pair of them going off! Works fine off of my 3.7 lipo. I'll see if I can post the 18 second video,here. Gotta have 'em for night flights-that's when the wind is tolerable in Seattle and elsewhere. Air is cool and good lift.No one knows when I fly at night, in my back yard at 2AM. It's MY light show. Dave,the rookie.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:21 AM

Just google heli leds mod, will find it, more or less the same.
Seems I saw a video at youtube.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crashxpert
Just google heli leds mod, will find it, more or less the same.
Seems I saw a video at youtube.
I took mine off a V-max co-ax.Google that.This is ONE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awo2wPS9MY4

Last edited by ddd228; 07-29-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: found link
Old 12-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I recently bought a lil copter from JCPenney's (I know, but i have an xray so save it.) It has LEDs on it. Im thinking about cutting one of the leds off for longer run time. I know LEDS dont draw alot, but im not really sure when it comes to the size of the batteries that are inside of the copter. It charges from the remote that has 6AA batts.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JKL1031
I recently bought a lil copter from JCPenney's (I know, but i have an xray so save it.) It has LEDs on it. Im thinking about cutting one of the leds off for longer run time. I know LEDS dont draw alot, but im not really sure when it comes to the size of the batteries that are inside of the copter. It charges from the remote that has 6AA batts.
I found that the LED'S were distracting and took them back out.Another tiny led in the canopy would be OK,but I need to have the tail boom lit up,instead.I'm thinking of a tubular Lexan boom w/a small LED there or aimed into the boom to light it up. I have 2 E Flight Blade MSR'S,now.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Im only concerned about them drawing power and giving me less runtime. Its a LED on the front that serves as a search light. It has one on the tail that flickers. Id keep the on eon th eback.