Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blade mcx swashplate

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Blade mcx swashplate

I just took my mcx outside in the cold calm air and the swashplate immediately seperates if I try to go forward. It reconnectrs if I try to go backwards. As long as I am in the warm house, the swashplate stays connected. Anbody else have this problem? Does it mean I need a new swashplate? Will an aluminum make a difference?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The swashplate should be together. I just checked mine and its ok. Make sure all your screws are tight and also make sure nothing has moved. Parts do come loose after crashes. I dont feel you need the aluminum parts unless you are looking for bling. Remember aluminum wont break but the stress gets pushed on the plastics and they break easier. Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Swash plate

Mine did the same thing after about a month and quite a few flight hours. I took it back to the hobby shop they said the swash plate was worn. They didn't have one so I ordered 2 . In the meanwhile my MCX barely goes forward
because of the separation, so looking the mechanics of the swash plate I tried something to help the swash plate stay up. I took a rubber band about 1/8" wide and cut it about 3/8" long, then I took a toothpick poked the rubber band close to one end and gently forced it between the swash plate stop and the main frame U . This hold the swash plate up. You don't want to use excessive force when placing the rubber band.
Hey, it worked, it flies forward pretty good now but still won't maintain a good steady hover but at least it's a temporary fix until I get the new parts.
Just thought I would share this.