Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
DX 5 Transmitter >

DX 5 Transmitter

DX 5 Transmitter

Old 11-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Default DX 5 Transmitter

Has anyone used this i am looking to get a new Transmitter to fly my MSR Wondering if this will work?? I hear these will give me Way more performance and well' actually i hear no reason not to upgrade my transmitter..
But i have one other question about this,. I Plan to move up in the heli hobby will this transmitter work on a 3D capable Heli ?

"I do not plan to Spend Thousands on this new hobby like i have in the past on my Rock crawler racer and other R/C Cars"
So the price and brand name of this one REALLY Catch my eye !

Hear is a link http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodID=SPMR5500
Old 11-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Will it work with the MSR? Sure! And most of the other micro bind-n-fly stuff out there.
More performance? Nope.
3d capable heli? Nope. Even if you had a gyro with manually adjustable rate, the DX5e has no adjustable throttle or pitch curves, no idle up mode and channel 5 is 2 position switched only. Sorry, it just wouldn't work on a CP heli.

On the other hand, if you got into, say a dx6i (about 150~179 bucks), you could use it with the MSR (and the other bind-n-fly micro stuff), it would allow more adjust-ability, and you could use it with a cp heli.
On the third hand, if you got into a Dx7 (250~300 bucks w/receiver) You could do all of the above and then some. You would have what's considered by many to be, "entry level", for a 3d capable heli and have a bit of room to grow.
If you plan on getting serious about the 3d heli thing, you can easily spend over a thousand bucks just setting up one 450 sized heli + gyro, servos, lipos and radio equipment. But then there's always the blade 400.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Cool dude well thanks i guess ill be getting a dx6i. thanks for the input!