Wiki Posts
Search

cp+ problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default cp+ problems

I have a blade cp+ and its all stock. I had a very small wreck and it basically just flipped but now it has some problems. It has more of a grinding sound and spins one way like the tail motor went out but it just spins really slow. Does anyone have advise or know what i broke and how to fix it?
Old 06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Location: Too close to the great mouse house known as Disney World.

Originally Posted by shaggy11
I have a blade cp+ and its all stock. I had a very small wreck and it basically just flipped but now it has some problems. It has more of a grinding sound and spins one way like the tail motor went out but it just spins really slow. Does anyone have advise or know what i broke and how to fix it?
Try readjusting the gain on the mixer. As for the grinding sound, make sure you have the correct mesh between the motor and main gear. Also, check the tail prop shaft, to make sure it is not cracked. It's made of fiberglass, so it can splinter if it's bent to far. But if you hear a grinding, it's most likely from the main shaft gear mesh.

Make sure the gear mesh has just the smallest space between the gears, but is not too tight, nor too loose.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

ok thank you ill try that
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

well i got it working but it started to smoke so i took out the battery and shut everything down and found that the 4 in 1 control unit was melted on bottom. i let it cool back down and tried it again and the main motor didnt work. all of the servos and the tail motor worked. does anyone have an idea on what happened or how to fix it?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

anyone?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

o well since no one is answering me how much do you think i could sell it for. it needs blades and the 4 in 1 unit. it comes with everything else.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Location: Too close to the great mouse house known as Disney World.

Originally Posted by shaggy11
o well since no one is answering me how much do you think i could sell it for. it needs blades and the 4 in 1 unit. it comes with everything else.
Sorry I haven't been back on. The 4 in 1 unit can be ordered direct from E-Flite, and is relatively easy to replace. I'm guessing it would be around 50 dollars. As for the blades, generally 12 or 13. But I prefer crash resistant blades on this heli, that retail about 20 bucks.

If you fix the heli before you sell it, you might be lucky to get 100 out of it. So really, if you do fix it, you might as well keep it, and go fly some more. Seriously, dont give up just yet. Take it out and have fun with it. But now we know why the hobby is so expensive, its not the heli, its the parts that cost too much... lol