Wiki Posts
Search

About super cub

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default About super cub

Hi guys,
Im trying to get stared on rc airplanes. Is the hobby zone super cub a good way to start. I heard is a good airplane to learn how to fly solo. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I think im gonna buy the super cub. If anyone has owned this plane, give your 2 cents.
Thanks!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have this plane. I got it for a beginning plane.
I would say it has taught me to fly pretty well.
this is the only plane I have been able to fly so i cant compare to others though
This is how durable it is. It has been crashed into a chainlink fence at almost full speed, broke the propeller, tore some styrofoam, and some other things. it has been nosedived into the ground plenty of times and it still holds up.

Hope this helps
Old 04-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Location: Too close to the great mouse house known as Disney World.

Originally Posted by cazato
I think im gonna buy the super cub. If anyone has owned this plane, give your 2 cents.
Thanks!!!!
I have a total of 4 flights with mine. And 3 crashes, without any sim practice. So I'll have to give it a thumbs up. I actually landed!

Also, keep it plenty high while getting the feel of it, and don't fly on windy days. These two factors were the biggest in my crashes. (so i like the look of a low level fly by?)

But overall I would have to say that the plane is very easy to repair after crashes and is also relatively easy to fly. Within your first few flights, you will probably be feeling pretty comfortable with it.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I own one of these planes and it is very easy to fly, although the plane is a little underpowered. I think it could benefit greatly from using a Lipo to power the plane. The parts are cheap and the plane is easy to fix. It takes me a little time to gain the altitude were I feel comfortable. Check out this forum on all things Super Cub
Old 05-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Rookie

the super cub is a great airplane to learn with, just be aware that although its not underpowered it doesnt have power to cope with any wind over about 3 mph . i happen to have a highly modified one with a park 480 outrunner motor, lipo battery power , working ailerons , and a sweet lighting system that i fly at night . its one of the most fun planes i own and my only foamie . there are also replacement parts available {wing $20 fuselage $20 tail set $ 15} so even if you totally destroy all the foam parts its only about $60 to rebody the whole thing . the only other totally ready to fly trainer i have experience with is the multiplex easy star which i think may be a bit more expensive but flies easier , which may be a consideration if your doing the self taught thing . my 9 year old son learned on an easystar with MINIMAL buddy box inputs from me . i hope my answer helps you and keep us posted on what you buy .