Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Plane-recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default R/C Plane-recommendation

Hi guys,
Newbie here wanting to get recommendations on r/c planes.

Some people recommended the "Slow Stick" but with my busy/ hectic schedule, I will not have much time building one. I'd rather get an RTF with minimal assemblies and head to the fields and fly.

Any r/c planes that makes a good and easy flier for newbies.

I currently have a CX2 and loving it but want to go into a fix wing.

thanks and Happy Holidays.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It really depends on what your looking to do later on? If you are looking to just fly in a park then an electric trainer plane like a Hobby Zone Firebird will get you started. They are cheap, fixable and eazy to fly. Your local hobby shop should stock something like it. http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Prod...000&Click=6136 All they are meant to do is get you up and flying with minimal effort. They only have a throttle and left and right movement. After you get your orientaion down then you can advance up to a better plane, one with ailerons, elevator and rudder. If your looking to fly nitro powered planes then you might want to go to your local flying field and have one of their flight instructors give you a test fly. They buddy box you with a high wing 46 size plane. If you like it, you can buy an ARF high wing trainer for a couple hundred dollars and pay to have a flight instructor teach you how to fly.

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
Old 12-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks Patrick,

I think I'll try the firebird/ phantom to learn then move into a 4 channel plane. Dont think I'll go into Nitro but someday, I do want to fly a duct fan model .

BTW-whats a 46 size plane ?

thanks again
Old 12-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spartan23
BTW-whats a 46 size plane ?

thanks again
I should have typed .46 which refers to the size of the nitro motor. Nitro planes are refered to the size of their motor. So you will have a .46-.50, .60-.90, 1.20-1.60 etc.

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
Old 12-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Rookie

I ended up getting a Hobby Zone Super Cub instead of the Commander. The assembly was easy- hope it flies easy as well .
Old 01-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default the sky scooter2

if you can get the sky scooter2 from hobby people or elsewhere, it is a great trainer and more. my son has one. it recovers from bad inputs very well. good climb and turning. epoxy can repair almost anything. sorry i don't have pics, but it is foam built. as soon as the battery is charged, you fly. when i first started flying, it was difficult. i used the computer training program and i was able to fly and land first try. i would get a lower cost crashable plane. i have a mad dog 400, it is all wooden construction. unless you enjoy technical repairs, get plastic or foam.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello there from Malaysia-pradeep

Hi guys, I am a malaysian and might be coming to Qatar soon to work there. I intendent to bring along my gas and electric powered heli and airplanes along, depends on how i am going to pack it up. The info i need to know is do i need a import licence or a permit to bring it in. The other option is to bring my gas engines and radio with servos and get an arf unit airplane over there. I fly low wings, 46 size, mid wing 56 4 stroke and 91-4 stroke with flaps and retracts. They are super chipmunk,91 size, Groovey 3D- 56 size, and speed air 40, Mustang -electric powered, extra 300- electric, choppers - hirobo GPH 346 -gas powered and fulcon 400se electric.
Here in malaysia it is liberal, flying. No need to take licence as long as you fly in a safe place. We have orginized fun fly and compettions, I have been flying since i started working, 25 yes.
Latey, i was in saudi, Al-jibal working and i visited Khobar, and other places to locate a hobby shop, but could not find one,coming to know that RC flying was banned.Any RC shops selling airplane, please give me details.
Thanks