Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
RC Flying groups in Qatar >

RC Flying groups in Qatar

RC Flying groups in Qatar

Old 01-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile RC Flying groups in Qatar

Hi guys, I am a malaysian and might be coming to Qatar soon to work there. I intendent to bring along my gas and electric powered heli and airplanes along, depends on how i am going to pack it up. The info i need to know is do i need a import licence or a permit to bring it in. The other option is to bring my gas engines and radio with servos and get an arf unit airplane over there. I fly low wings, 46 size, mid wing 56 4 stroke and 91-4 stroke with flaps and retracts. They are super chipmunk,91 size, Groovey 3D- 56 size, and speed air 40, Mustang -electric powered, extra 300- electric, choppers - hirobo GPH 346 -gas powered and fulcon 400se electric.
Here in malaysia it is liberal, flying. No need to take licence as long as you fly in a safe place. We have orginized fun fly and compettions, I have been flying since i started working, 25 yes.
Latey, i was in saudi, Al-jibal working and i visited Khobar, and other places to locate a hobby shop, but could not find one,coming to know that RC flying was banned.Any RC shops selling airplane, please advise.
Thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Pradep,

I am also a Malaysian just arrived in Al-Jubail. I tried to find info on RC flying in the Kingdom but could not find any. I also got a response from one of the forum members that RC flying is prohibited. I guess I will have to go down to Qatar to release some addiction of RC flying. Tell me more about RC flying in Saudi if you come across any info.

[email protected]
Old 09-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default R/C Flying in Qatar

I've been in Doha for almost 3 years, haven't found a group to fly with yet. I've started down the destructive path of flying helicopters since they can be flown indoors or right outside the villa. It could be a pain to travel to Al Khor to fly even though the field there is very nice (could land Cessna's there). There is a group that flys out at Al Wakra on weekends, haven't been out to see them yet. There is some law now that you have to get a license from the Scientific Club before you can buy an R/C aircraft at any of the hobby shops. I have also heard that if you hand carry one into the country that customs will impound it until you get the license. Of course I haven't had any luck finding details online about the R/C laws in Qatar, have to make a trip to the Scientific Club I guess (good thing I had 1 plane and 3 heli's prior to this law). Anyways, would like to meet up with some Doha fliers and get the low down on where and when to fly, it's no fun by yourself.