R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   RC Flight (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rc-flight-109/)
-   -   Which heli to get? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rc-flight/192014-heli-get.html)

JeromeB 11-21-2007 09:09 PM

Which heli to get?

Ive just started flying and really want to get into helicopters, I just need to know what to get. Ive looked at these 3 that are in my price range.

Venom Night ranger
Esky Honey bee king 2
Blade CX2

I know the first 2 have 3d capabilities and the honey bee is better than the venom.

Which would you guys recomend?

xsxracing 11-22-2007 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by JeromeB (Post 3892722)
Ive just started flying and really want to get into helicopters, I just need to know what to get. Ive looked at these 3 that are in my price range.

Venom Night ranger
Esky Honey bee king 2
Blade CX2

I know the first 2 have 3d capabilities and the honey bee is better than the venom.

Which would you guys recomend?

Blade cx2 hand's down ;)

Rock Pile 11-22-2007 06:02 AM

+ 1

Just starting flying? CX2 for sure.

citizendick1 11-22-2007 07:00 AM

i third the notion...get the cx2. I tried to start with a blade cp,had to get the cx2 and wish i would have from the beginning.

ThunderRobo 11-22-2007 11:10 AM

the CX2 is.... kinda...... sucks...

i would go with Blade CP Pro or a Rex450 if your planning on stickign with helis for a while.

ESWLFSE 11-22-2007 11:40 AM

It does in that it has no advanced capabilities, but its purpose is to train you in basic heli flight and orientations for a minimum cost. When you have achieved that kick it to the curb and move right up to the stability of a 50 size machine.

Starting with a CP or anything with more 3D capabilities can be challenging enough that you may never make it to the next step with confidence, and anyone thats already there doesn't waste their time flying anything this small and unstable anyway. If you cough in their direction they crash. :)

Definitely go with the CX2.

I started with a Blade CP when it first came out but had the CX2 been available I would have progressed much faster to the larger helis.

xsxracing 11-22-2007 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by ThunderRobo (Post 3894212)
the CX2 is.... kinda...... sucks...

i would go with Blade CP Pro or a Rex450 if your planning on stickign with helis for a while.

First off it Doesnt suck.
The helicopter is for begginer's.
I learned very fast and it is better thane geting a Blade cp if you are new :nod:

JeromeB 11-22-2007 01:14 PM

Thanks for all the input! I thought this section of the forum was kinda dead.

I was having a look at the Blade 400 which I can now get my hands on. I was reading that its more stable because its bigger and it comes with a Spektrum DX6i which is attractive. Comes with a brushless motor too and a nice big lipo.

What do you think of the Blade 400?

I wanted to get a 3d heli because that way I could have something to step up to when I feel Im ready, can I not learn the basics on a 6ch heli just like the 4ch? I wont be starting aerobatics, just the basics.

As for the T-Rex 450, to get one of those flying costs way too much. Im trying to keep it under $500 and all the heli's Ive listed are under that.

I also like on the Honey Bee and the Blade that the electronics are all seperate, so I can upgrade 1 peice rather than replacing them all.

xsxracing 11-22-2007 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by JeromeB (Post 3894480)
Thanks for all the input! I thought this section of the forum was kinda dead.

I was having a look at the Blade 400 which I can now get my hands on. I was reading that its more stable because its bigger and it comes with a Spektrum DX6i which is attractive. Comes with a brushless motor too and a nice big lipo.

What do you think of the Blade 400?

I wanted to get a 3d heli because that way I could have something to step up to when I feel Im ready, can I not learn the basics on a 6ch heli just like the 4ch? I wont be starting aerobatics, just the basics.

As for the T-Rex 450, to get one of those flying costs way too much. Im trying to keep it under $500 and all the heli's Ive listed are under that.

I also like on the Honey Bee and the Blade that the electronics are all seperate, so I can upgrade 1 peice rather than replacing them all.

The blade 400 is very attractive.
I love spectrum that is why i got the Cx2 instead of the Cx.
The blade 400 is kinda $ not saying it's too expensive just saying if you are a noob to Helicopter's just get a blade cx2.
If you are a noob and get the Blade 400 i am pretty sure you are going to break a lot of stuff.

Nother reason to get the cx2 it is smaller thane the blade 400 and the cx2 is for begginer's and you can fly it inside now on the other hand the blade 400 is not for begginer's and you cant fly it inside so you would have to go out site and fly it.
Now you probly saying oh i can just get training ball's.
Yes you can but say it is windy and thene all the sudden wene you get 6-10 feet in the air there is wind up there and it will move the helicopter in the air and if your a good heli expert you can fly it even though it is a little bit windy but if you not and you a begginer thene what are you going to do you are probly going to try and save it and next thing you know it is on the ground in peice's.

Well it is your choice but i Highly recomend geting the Blade Cx2 JeromeB.

ThunderRobo 11-22-2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by xsxracing (Post 3894361)
First off it Doesnt suck.
The helicopter is for begginer's.
I learned very fast and it is better thane geting a Blade cp if you are new :nod:

Well.. All i am trying to say is that you out grow the CX2/CX really quick. After learning the hover on the CX, there isn't much you can do with it.

in what way is it "better" then the Blade Cp or 400/450 to learn on?

The Blade 400 looks very promising. I got a chance to fly one at ircha and the airframe has some hope. Stable heli, with room to upgrade.

The ideal trainer to me is...
-Stable in hover
-agile when you need it to be
-won't out grow too quickly
-cheap to crash.

to each. his own, just my HO

ESWLFSE 11-22-2007 03:25 PM

Sell the CX2 when the time comes and move up at least to a TRex 450 or Mini-Titan and preferably a 50 sized machine nitro or electric. Buy used, save longer - whatever, but don't plan to do any more advanced flying with the Blade sized helicopters. I'm not a 3D expert but I can fly well and do basic aerobatics and I wouldn't waste my time flying a CP if you gave it to me free. Picture trying to have fun with a tricycle on a BMX track.

xsxracing 11-22-2007 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ThunderRobo (Post 3894652)
Well.. All i am trying to say is that you out grow the CX2/CX really quick. After learning the hover on the CX, there isn't much you can do with it.

in what way is it "better" then the Blade Cp or 400/450 to learn on?

The Blade 400 looks very promising. I got a chance to fly one at ircha and the airframe has some hope. Stable heli, with room to upgrade.

The ideal trainer to me is...
-Stable in hover
-agile when you need it to be
-won't out grow too quickly
-cheap to crash.

to each. his own, just my HO

JeromeB dont listen to him.
Get a cx2 and if you get tired of it just sell it.Plus thene you would still hav some experience from flying.

ThunderRobo 11-22-2007 03:46 PM

:lol::lol: you guys make me laugh.

XSX, with all due respect.....
I've seen many people go down this road, and most of them can "out fly" their CXs within 2-3 weeks.

I think it was very wrong for you to tell someone not to listen to me. I'm sorry, but i've been flying for the past 7 years, and have flew for a few companies. You've been flying for how long? 2... 3 week? Not trying to get personal, but what you did was wrong.

JeromeB 11-22-2007 04:05 PM

Can I not learn the basics that I would learn on the CX2, but on the Blade 400? If I could, then the Blade 400 has the 3D capabilities so I could learn how to do some tricks.

And doesnt the Gyro in he 400 use the tail rotor to compensate for the wind, making it stable at any height in the air, it would have to if it were to be doing 3D flight.

My friend has a flight sim, and Ill be using it on the weekend. Ill try out the CX2 (or similar) and the others like the Honey Bee and the 400, and Ill see which I like best.

The Rex 450 is way out of my price range, and Ive seen what the Blade 400 is capable of and it takes years of experience to be able to do that kind of stuff, so if I was to have that I would have plenty of room to advance and get better with a 6ch.

Thanks for all the help guys.

ThunderRobo 11-22-2007 04:11 PM

have fun JeromeB!

The Blade 400 is a pretty nice flying heli. Once you get past FFF and the hovers, invest in the JGF450TH motor, that's the motor i flew at IRCHA, and it felt VERY strong.

Along with the the 400, go to the dollar store and pick up some table tennis balls and a carbon fiber or wooden rod to make your self a training gear.
And, that was just the point i was trying to make.