Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hardly Even Counts But Air Hogs Havoc Helis

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hardly Even Counts But Air Hogs Havoc Helis

A couple of brothers who are part of our RC club here bought me as a gift a 29.00 Havoc Helicopter.

Man, is this the gateway helicopter to get people wanting to do RC helicopters of what?

http://www.amazon.com/Air-Hogs-Havoc...0400311&sr=8-2

Basically you have control of the speed of the top rotor and the speed and direction of the tail rotor.

It is made to fly indoors. I am enjoying it, I got it yesterday and have about 8 6 minutes.

It will hover.

Forward flight is available only by adding nose weight.

I think that it teaches some of the fundamentals of helicopter, understanding how the spinning of the main rotor will spin the body of the helicopter if it is not countered by the tail rotor.

Good fun for the price.

Not is getting me looking at rc helicopter flight sims and small electric helicopters. Something I would not have even considered a couple of weeks ago.

The helicopter can only be flown indoors and it weighs only about 10 grams. Has a lithium polymer battery. It amazes me that is works so well for so little weight. I have crashed it into lots of things, and doesn't show any damage.

C
Old 05-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Lol. They are pretty cool aren't they? I know kinda cheap, but both my sons have them and several brothers. One bother has a huge basement, and we fly them over there.

Once you get the hang of "tweaking" them and using the weights, they fly pretty good. We have races around the floor support beams and such. And they're tough too. I don't think anyone has broken anything yet and we've hit everything there is to hit, including each other.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:04 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Look forward to flying mine again today. It is kinda of a bummer that you have to wait about an hour between flights, if you are going to let the lipo cool down as per the directions and then charge again.

I am just amazed that they work as well as they do.

Cmotif
Old 06-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

I have been flying mine about 2 weeks. I'm stuck in a hospital bed in my living room, tring to heal after some surgery. It's been alot of fun flying it around.

Although it seems to actually be flying me, I put the weight on th nose, but I xan't really get it to go where I want it to.

Got ant tips? Did you use all the weights? I put them where the book said, but couldn't see any real difference.

This alsp lead to my parents giving me an early Father's day gift of the Real Flight simulator 3.5... Now there are some challenging helicopters to fly on there!