Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Blade CX2 Yaw problems - possibly others? >

Blade CX2 Yaw problems - possibly others?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blade CX2 Yaw problems - possibly others?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Blade CX2 Yaw problems - possibly others?

So I just got a blade cx 2 - lots of fun. Also lots of broke blades - but oh well.

My issue is that I've got a nasty nose to the right yaw. Now according to the manual I've got to adjust the main motor prop mix counter clockwise - which I've done - till it wont go any farther. I've also set the rudder trim on the TX to max. It still yaws a good bit.

Now I'm not sure if this is related - but it seems that I'm constantly adjusting the trim on all the flight controls to maintain something reasonably resembling a steady hover. Similar to the yaw, sometimes I adjust elevator trim full forward and it still drifts backwards.

Is there something I've missed here? I'm very new to all this, so I apologize if the response is a "duh". Thanks in advance!
Old 04-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Also I replaced all the blade after a ...small... impact with my laptop. Now the damn thing wont even take off properly. Its pulling so hard to the right and backwards that if I dont lean hard on the stick - the thing dumps itself right over on its side (cause its catching the carpet). This is something new.

I assume I did something wrong when replacing the blades, but I dont know what. It still operates properly (aka forward is still forward, etc). All I did was unscrew the old bades, get rid of em - and put in the new ones. What am I missing?
Old 04-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

see if your new blade tracks okay?

it is important if those blades you put in are balance, you can try balancing them in between two cups and see if you have problem with that... if you do change them..

last resort... go to your local hobby shop for help
Old 04-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My LHS told me to look for a very small number inscribed on the blade near the hub. The number should match on both blades in order to balance.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

I found a small number near the hub of the uppers, they match. Nothing on the lowers that I can see. Everything came out of the same bags. I've also checked the tracking, the new blades seem to track ok - but then again I'm not an expert (or even well seasoned).

I think I'll try and replace the uppers again and see if that helps the wild drift issues, I'll settle for the minor issues again. LOL. Unfortunetly I dont have any more lowers right now.

Edit: Changed Uppers - still no dice.

Edit 2: Problem is probably related to a decent wobble I get just before throttle up. I think its the outer drive shaft, already replaced the inner tonight - but dont have outer parts.

Last edited by ShakataGaNai; 04-22-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:50 PM

On that aircraft with counter-rotating blades each blade must rotate in opposite direction at the exact same rpm as the other. When that happens you will not have any spin. The yaw control on your rec. is attempting to adjust the rpm as such. If it can not control the yaw then you most likely have a mechanical issue that is preventing steady rpm of each motor & shaft (inner and outer). Could be bent shafts, or pinion gear alignment, or one of the motors is bad.
The concept is... when both blades are in sync the plane will hover steady, when left or right rudder input is given one or the other blade slows just a bit allowing the counter-rotational effect of the other blade to slowly spin the aircraft right or left.
Your elevator & cyclic issue may just be linkage adjusment if the trim button can't remedy it . (servo linkage)
The best case is when you can fly with all the trims centered, and any adjustments are made mechanically if at all possible, hope you can get it in the air, they are a lot of fun.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If nothing else works replace the motors. Thats what I did. Worked for me.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You can also see if a local flier has a tach and unplug one motor at a time to see each units speed at full throttle. If you keep it grounded to prevent the controller from compensating for attitude, you could get blade speed dialed in. There is something in the manual about checking for that. The other thing you can try is pull the blades and fly bar, spin up the shafts "dry" and check for wobble. Also, the lower gear is securely fastened right? It's not spinning on the shaft?

Links, are they good and straight with no binding in their motion? A lot can come undone in a crash. More than the obvious...

Have fun!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShakataGaNai
Edit 2: Problem is probably related to a decent wobble I get just before throttle up. I think its the outer drive shaft, already replaced the inner tonight - but dont have outer parts.
Is your flybar straight? They tend to bend easily during an impact, but you can straighten it out on your own. Also, is is possible you bent the inner shaft, or sheered off part of the lower rotor head?

http://www.dacaur.com/bladecxhelp.html

Read through that if you haven't already. It should get you on the way to fixing your problem.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Linkage Trim:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...04&postcount=8

Adjusting Gain:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1083