Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nosediving Ranger600

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nosediving Ranger600

I bought this for my grandson for Christmas. Tried to fly it for the first time yesterday and it just nosedives to the ground. I spent some time this morning making sure I could get the trim controls set to a neutral position. Then I worked on the center of gravity so that when I launched it by hand, it would fly level to the ground. But, still nose diving under power. Next I just held the plain level and cranked the prop to max, and I can feel it pulling the nose down. Is this a motor alignment issue or what?
Old 01-24-2021, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

yes to your final question . set prop shaft so it has a slight angle up.. any way you can shim motor up a few degrees?
Old 01-24-2021, 11:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by the rc guy
yes to your final question . set prop shaft so it has a slight angle up.. any way you can shim motor up a few degrees?
The prop shaft appears to be a couple degrees above horizontal. This is a pusher, so that means the prop shaft is higher in the back than the end closest to the front of the plane. I watched a video of some guy correcting a nose diving problem and he was making a substantial adjustment in the direction you suggest (back end higher). This model appears to have a fixed motor, so I don't know if it can be adjusted.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by the rc guy
This motor does not appear to be removable or adjustable.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

is this the push me sail plane ... if it is you gota start digging . motor has to come out
Old 01-27-2021, 05:04 AM
Tech Rookie

After attempting to move the prop thrust angle up, I concluded this was not practical, and since it was a brand new unit, I decided to return it.