Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Lani?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default HPI Lani?

Have no experience in RC airplanes but I did come across a couple of these is anyone familiar with the HPI lani or are these more known in Europe? will probably have a couple to sell also

Old 05-17-2020, 11:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Hpi lani eh? Was a beginner plane I think released sometime in 2012. Has LONG since been discontinued and I think parts may be hard to come by now even though there isn't much to them anyway that needs replacing. They would have been a collector's item if they were popular but they were sort of a failed experiment by HPI.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Troopermaniac
Hpi lani eh? Was a beginner plane I think released sometime in 2012. Has LONG since been discontinued and I think parts may be hard to come by now even though there isn't much to them anyway that needs replacing. They would have been a collector's item if they were popular but they were sort of a failed experiment by HPI.
OK well thanks,Yeah I was able to see the that there wasn't much content left on HPI's website for this product and looks to be that this was the last of a 2015 run. I guess if I am going to try RC planes and an entry level model this would be the opportunity ? Cool little planes tho, (with my limited knowledge and exp). and the lipos cycle charged, balanced and put a storage charge on them with no issues everything powered up.

There is one or 2 sites in europe from what I can tell that still offering this for sale, that's why I asked about them being more popular over there. Worst case I 'll try my luck at selling spares for whoever stills flies these lol
Old 05-22-2020, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

OK so I have gone through unboxing the Lani and it was well packaged overall I like what I see so far...my main concern was what condition the Lipo battery was going to be in....and to just do basic power up/bench test

Nice surprise the Lipos were in a good storage charge (11.4ishv) and charged/balanced with no problem..it is a 3 cell 2200 mAh

As far as the charger that came with the kit seemed to do the job (aside from using my Hitec) but upon first use it right away started to make fan noise as if something was just grazing the blades...

And sure enough the wires off of the inductor were just touching the underside of the cooling fan (fixed) , while I was there went ahead and put a teeny drop oil to lube the fan shaft. Result - smooth as butter and quit as a whisper.
Charger does a good job for the lil unit that it is, FYI it can only be hooked via 12v car batt or proper leads to good 12v power supply

Wiil have some more pics up as I start assembly..( which isn't much but hey it's my first plane)
Old 01-30-2021, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Bump... not sure how many of you flight guys are in the RC for sale section due to the fact that a majority of content is surface related but I am selling a couple of kits with spares (sold separately) FWIW and for who ever is interested.

Here's the link:
HPI LANI RC PLANE ARTF NEW!
Old 01-31-2021, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think you should keep the model because its very unique and have very good flying characteristic once you tweak it right. It looks like Hobbyking Breezer glider but with V-tail. Most plane models nowadays come and go and will never be reproduce.

Old 11-25-2021, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Back up for sale plus with full set of spares ....check it out in for sale section for those interested..