Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
the WORST crash you ever had... >

the WORST crash you ever had...

the WORST crash you ever had...

Old 03-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default the WORST crash you ever had...

LOL! we have all crashed our planes and helis at least once, so tell us your worst/funiest crash story!

today at my hobbyshop, someone was flying a small heli inside, and he was flying it through some hanging wires near the cieling. he attempted to fly between these 2 wires holding a projector, probably a foot apart, and hit it with the main rotor! the blades snapped, and flew off,and it fell to the ground. a friend of his tried to catch it, but it hit the ground!
Old 03-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default My worst

My worst heli crash was the first flight right out of the box. I hit it full throttle, it went straight up, I freaked and killed the engine. Like they say what goes up, must come down. Who knew flying a heli was more than hovering around.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Worst crash would have to have been on Memorial Day in 2002 with a get together with all my friends. Flying forward I went to put the heli into a bank turn and had no resonse, so I just watched it fly straight at about 60 mph and slowly descending till it could not descend anymore. Then ran after it watching it flip on the ground like a fish out of water. I had to but a whole new kit, blades, motor, muffler, repair some servos and cry .
Old 03-25-2006, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

About a year ago i got one of those little Venom swiss air ambulance helicopters whatever it is, anyway it was me my dad and his friend that was over flying it inside now they have been flying raptor .90's and .60's for a while now so they were going pretty well.

But they said here you have a go so i thought alright my lucky day, and i have no idea how to fly helicopters i been racing cars all my life i wouldn't know up from down.

So i slowly give it throttle as you do and it goes up and thats it i lose control of it it comes flying backwards, my dad ducks and jumps left, his friend ducks and jumps to the right and its coming straight towards me flying backwards, i'm like oh S%&T ! i duck and it smashes straight into the plaster wall smashing the heli to pieces and taking a huge chunk out of the wall

My mum was more upset than my dad was even though i completely destroyed the heli.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

thank the lord!!! or, who ever is in charge. there was LITTLE wind this morning! i got uot my 3d cabable furious biplane foamy thing, and tried, again, to hover it like 3d. i held my plane an arms length away, and went to 3/4 throttle. i let go, and it sorta hovered there! awesome! but, then a gust blew it off course, so i had to resume normal flight. i did so, but i flew it towards the sun, stupid me! i turned to the right as hard as i could, as i was goin blind from the sun, and ran into a light pole. A LIGHTPOLE!!!!!! WHY IS THERE A LIGHTPOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIELD? oh well, it went into a spin, and hit the ground tail first. lol, i fixed it now, but now that i think of it, it was funny.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Don't you hate that? A pole is what 30cm wide? And its the only thing you hit, but if you then try to hit you miss it
Old 03-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Shoot the first day I got my CX I was so amped to fly it, I didn’t take any time to get acquainted with the controls (have only been driving cars). Any way it was dark and somewhat breezy. I had a heck of a time keeping it stable and every time I thought that I was loosing it, I would up throttle. Well as it went up, the wind became stronger and started to blow it over the next house. I didn’t want to lose it so I cut the throttle. It then dropped below the ridge line of the next house. I was then concerned that it would break it so I up throttled it, still not beeing able to see it. About 10 seconds latter there that little sucker was and it was gaining altitude just barely missing that house. I was then feeling brave and figured with enough altitude I could fly it back to my house so slowly brought it up as the I fought the wind, I added more throttle until it was just over 40 feet. Then the wind picked up and it slowly disappeared into the night. I panicked and totally cut the throttle. I figured that I could find it since I thought I saw the flight path that it took. So then went off for a search and rescue. Remember this was the 1st flight with a $200 toy. Could you imagine what went through my neighbors minds when a grown man comes knocking on their door at 8PM asking to look in their back yard for a yellow toy helicopter? I searched for about 30 minutes and figured it was gone so I went home. Before I left for work the next morning I thought that I would look for my missing toy one more time. It just so happened that 4 houses down, the lady living there was backing out of her driveway, and I figured this would be the opportunity to talk to her about looking in her back yard. She agreed (with a laugh) after I told her the circumstances. I looked all over and could not find it, then she points and says is that it? WOW!!! That was it. It landed in a court yard about 3 feet wide had it missed that then I would never have found it, trees on the far side and the roof on the other. I thought that that little sucker held up quite well considering a 40 foot fall from 4 houses down. Damage consisted of broken fly bar, smashed body, broken landing gear, and unfortunately since it was on over night, the FET on the ESC fried. So aside from the ESC, it only did about $35 worth of damage. Still flying it today with a busted up lexan body.

I WIN!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

it important not to fly too high, or you can lose it like that...

i flew my zagi yesterday, and i was flying fine, and the vagi went into, well, i guess ill call it a boomerang stall, because when i was turning around, the planes nose dipped, and it went into a spin. it hit the ground upside down. the plastic pit/motor mount was shattered. luckily, they only cost about 10$.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:10 AM
Tech Rookie

hello flyers, i've gotten my son to help me out here, finally i've been able to figure out how to post a reply. my worst crash ever was with a entry level piper plane model. i attempted to fly around a tree. well i was a beginner keep in mind.

i clipped the branch of the tree, broke slightly the mounting of the wing lost control and flew smack bang into a pole near a skate ramp. evidently the plane was destroyed althought the motor was fine.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

my worst crash was when I was flying in the back yard and hit a tree !! It smashed the plane that was after we cut the tree down with the plane still in it !!

Josh
Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

my worst crash was with my plane just got so I it decided to fly it took off from my drive way got her up in the air tried to loop her aroung but a tree got in way didnt damage it too bad though just riped off the tail and put a bunch of tears in the monocote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

I had a new 1/4 scale great planes with a os 160, well i had it all set up, i was out at the flying feld flying another plane and decided it was time to maiden this
switched models in the radio and looked good, here we go, takes off fine and oh oh double barrel roll into the pavment smashed it right in front of me
the ailerons were backwards cause it was set on the wrong model
it went right, i corected left, it went more right and...

ouch!

oh yeah that was the second plane that week doing the same thing

worlds p-51 with a saito 65 wrong model memery # backwards ailorons,
smashed after 200 great flights

it has not happened again..

oh yeah does crashing into yourself with a ultrastick witha rossi 60 count?
it was totaled after that my friend jumped over it but i got hit and then the plane cartwheeled ripping the motor out and stuff breaking the carb off

sweet
Old 03-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

Another one i've experienced is my dad nearly taking out a real cessna with his brushless electric glider, we live near a small airport and a plane was coming in to land, now i'm supposed to be the spotter but i must of missed this one and he had to dive to get it out of the way now this wasn't a crash but it was sure close and probably would of been pretty bad.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Firebird Comander II

Hello all. Not exactly funny at the time. Last August we bought our son a plane for his birthday. (A P51) At the time it was much to much for him or I to fly. After 2 weeks and many crashes we decided to purchase a true beginner (not listening to our hobby store this time). We purchased a firebird comander II. Got it home put it together, charged the battery, watched the video, read the manual, and did everything we were instructed to. We went out at about 8 p.m. with light to no wind but very warm out. My son launched the plane, I was at the controls. The plane flew smooth and straight it went about a block and a half to the south, made a turn to the east went about 200 yards another turn to the north. Again flew about a block and a half to the north. I made a turn to the west. Went to turn back to the south and that's when the control of the plane left. All that we can figure is it caught a jet stream of some sort. I tried to turn left, right, nothing. I cut the motor figuring it would lose altitude. When it left sight we were all running towards home to get the pickup. We looked for many hours over the next 2 weeks. We printed flyers, ads in the local lost & found to no luck. The only good thing is were ready to try it again if the wind ever quits blowing here.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default 2 Killed

Sad news for all Model Flyers

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t257967p1/

I understand the cause was a TV Station using 2 numbers in the 35meg range.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.