Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
R/C Tech Review: Venom Aircorps Night Ranger 3D >

R/C Tech Review: Venom Aircorps Night Ranger 3D

R/C Tech Review: Venom Aircorps Night Ranger 3D

Old 03-05-2006, 12:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Default R/C Tech Review: Venom Aircorps Night Ranger 3D

Hi all,

To kick things off in here I thought I'd direct your attention to our latest review, this time of Venom's Night Ranger 3D micro electric aerobatic heli. You will find the review here:
http://www.rctech.net/reviews/review...d_futureal.php

If you have any questions or comments, by all means let me know.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice review, and thanks for adding these forums.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Thumbs down Save your money

Not sure what the review says but the shop I go to has sold 2 of these and so far non of the them work correctly. Your suppose to be able to adjust pitch and head speed via the radio but it don't do that and yes we did unlock the radio so the adjustments can be made. Another thing is that the head speed is way too fast. Overall I wish I would of kept my Blade instead of buying this heli. Pretty much wasted 200 bucks. I have had a few experianced pilots at the shop try to fly this thing and it just isn't as advertised.

I'm not sure but it says these are supposedly pre flown and setup from the factory........well if this is true they must of foggotten to fly the ones are shop has sold.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Hmm strange I own a Blade to and think the 3D is a huge upgrade.

The variable speed function works fine on mine and another friends. Once you unlock it the head speed is a bit fast, but dialing it back a couple of notches makes it far more stable than my CP. I think the instructions said put the dials at about 11 which is what Ive done.

When I look at the two birds "CP & 3D" I'm amazed at what you get on the 3D for $200

bell hiller, alum head, stronger motors, 2-sets of blades, 3d ready, stronger landing gear, alum chasis, all upgrades on the CP. I've put over $100 into the CP just to get it 3D ready.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

I did add weights to the flybar to make it a bit more docile, did the same to the CP. I noticed that the flybar needed a bit of centering, same on the CP.

Sorry to hear your not having luck with the 3D heli.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:12 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I think my shop is going to send back mine and my buddies to get them repaired since the adjustments don't seem to wrok no matter how we adjust them. Its like anything else as you either get a good one or you don't. We just have stinkers at this time but hey maybe that will change in the future.