Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
New Aircraft Forum! >

New Aircraft Forum!

New Aircraft Forum!

Old 03-05-2006, 12:43 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Default New Aircraft Forum!

I have had some requests over the years to add a flight forum to R/C Tech for those who are interested in helis, planes and any other form of RC flight...so here it is!
Old 03-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default RC Flight Forum

Nice work, good to see a forum for those of us that like to fly off the ground as well as on it!
I've just built and flown a Wattage Pitts S2 with a Himark outrunner, great model but needs more roll, having ailerons only on the bottom wing seems a hinderance.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is a great idea!

My hobby shop is more of an aircraft shop than a car shop, but the owner sees the need for an RC track.

For years I've considered flying, so I let the hobby shop owner talk me into a Electro-Flight Yak-54. Haven't built it yet, but with the weather about to get nicer I'll be spending more time on it.

Also plunked down for RealFlight G3. Cool program. Flying is a lot harder than it looks.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
This is a great idea!

My hobby shop is more of an aircraft shop than a car shop, but the owner sees the need for an RC track.

For years I've considered flying, so I let the hobby shop owner talk me into a Electro-Flight Yak-54. Haven't built it yet, but with the weather about to get nicer I'll be spending more time on it.

Also plunked down for RealFlight G3. Cool program. Flying is a lot harder than it looks.
So G3 IS better than G2......I'll wait till the price comes down a bit.....till then, do you have some balanced Carbon Fiber main rotor blades for sale? I have two .30s that needs to get off the ground.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Wink Greetings and Humble Salutations

Hello to all. I just joined RC Tech so still learning my way around. I am strictly an airplane guy, no cars, no helis, although I have had both in bygone years.

The best way to tell you about myself is to invite each of you to visit my personal aviation related website. There is a lot to read, so pack a lunch and enjoy the site. Unfortunately, the moderator won't allow me to post the URL at this time, so get it from my signature.

I am American born, now living in Baguio City.

Hope to make friends with each of you

Marty Petri Sr.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Welcome to the party. I've been around RC tech off and from my days with marcca where Shane started this site. I've been mostly into cars but started with a glider and have just recently started on helis.

The flight forum is a bit slow but maybe we can get things going.

I'll have to check out your site.

Mark
Old 03-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the warm welcome. We have a few flyers here in Baguio. We fly on a road overlooking an unfinished sub division. Looks like they will go bankrupt so we have a few years of flying left before they kick us out hehe. I belonged to 5 different clubs in The Los Angeles area and 3 clubs in Thailand before coming to the Philippines.

I am an Electronics Engineer by trade, but aviation has always been my true love. Took that 1st airplane ride in a Luscombe when I was 7 years old, been hooked ever since.

Marty