Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Single Fan Thrust Vectoring VTOL Project - MonoPhan >

Single Fan Thrust Vectoring VTOL Project - MonoPhan

Single Fan Thrust Vectoring VTOL Project - MonoPhan

Old 02-09-2020, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Quite a windy day, great opportunity to test the skills of the little watcher and get some closeup footage of the flight, thrust vectoring and active wing compensation. Amazing little thing started the build journey very rough, not even hovering properly and crashed tens of times. But now it turned out to be the most skilled watcher I have built, which I have learned configuration tricks from which I will use on the bigger units. If you like aeronautics and flight in general you will definitely enjoy this video, especially the close-ups. I changed the attack angle setting multiple times during the flight so some passes have the higher and some have the lower attack angle.

Old 02-17-2020, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Indoors hover maiden of the bigger Ardupilot unit. Looks pretty well balanced and controllable. Ourtoors is a completely different game and may immediately crash, but this is a good start.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

The new sub250g unit. There is a little bit of flutter but other than that flies like a charm & looks like it will exceed 10 minutes flight time which is pretty impressive for a tiny VTOL like this

Old 03-01-2020, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Strong winds and a good test. The new unit handles very well but needs a little further tuning. Good test with some awesome close-ups.This tiny one can get +10 minute flight time

Old 03-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

The wind is so strong it knocks down the unit before take-off, so I have to hold it down. Good test, a couple of glitches that will need to be adjusted.

Last edited by VAALLEON; 03-07-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Old 04-04-2020, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

After many motor failures, testing a modified EDF motor in hover. Position and altitude hold. This is an Ardupilot Arduino hybrid. Windy day testing the skills of the unit...

[email protected]