Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
How Do I Learn To Fly A Race Drone Without Damaging My Drone >

How Do I Learn To Fly A Race Drone Without Damaging My Drone

How Do I Learn To Fly A Race Drone Without Damaging My Drone

Old 08-16-2018, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How Do I Learn To Fly A Race Drone Without Damaging My Drone

I recently bought the Eachine Racer 250. But flying is a lot harder than I imagined. I broke all my props and I can't seem to stay in the air for more than a minute. Does anyone have any useful information on how the get better without spending so much money on parts
Old 08-17-2018, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bukam
I recently bought the Eachine Racer 250. But flying is a lot harder than I imagined. I broke all my props and I can't seem to stay in the air for more than a minute. Does anyone have any useful information on how the get better without spending so much money on parts
You'll need to try flying in drone flying simulator first to improve your skills, there are some list you could check out from this links: https://oscarliang.com/free-quadcopt...rotor-trainer/ Flying drone is actually easier than flying a plane or other flying models, you'll just need to be patient and go step by step learning how to fly it.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

The same way you learned to drive an rc car without crashing. YOU don't I'm afraid I work with a guy who has a simulator on his lap top that his radio he uses for his plane that's how he got started. He told me it helped him get started being use to the controls.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It’s amazing how easy good flyers make it look. Until a year ago I’d swore I was done trying to fly. I’d crashed and broke more then imagined. With plane, helicopter and small indoor quad. Don’t think combined with the 3 I had more then 2 minutes of total fight time. I didn’t get the simulators. For me they were just video games. I could fly simulators with very little effort. While I agree they can help. There’s too many “ real world factors” that, for me, they can’t reproduce.
It took me 5 years to try again. And finding the right thing to fly. I haven’t now flown in almost a year.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I will try Simulator

I have a fly shy controller. I think I can hook it it up my laptop and use a Simulator. That will be my first step towards becoming better at least I'll have some familiarity with the controls
Old 08-17-2018, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bukam
I have a fly shy controller. I think I can hook it it up my laptop and use a Simulator. That will be my first step towards becoming better at least I'll have some familiarity with the controls
Same here, we're using Fly shy (FLYSKY) controller to teach young kids how to fly drone too, they are great versatile controller. Fortunately it took the young ones 2 days to perfected their first drone flight. Then they are progressing to flying a fixed winged.

Photos:

Old 08-29-2018, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

which sim software is good?