Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
Rc boat trailer and lights >

Rc boat trailer and lights

Rc boat trailer and lights

Old 06-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rc boat trailer and lights

I have built a few boat trailers in the past and may consider to build a few more but more importantly right now, I have a buddy working on some 3d printed trailer lights. They will run of led's and I'm reaching out to see what interest would be generated to see if it's worth mass producing these lights. Soon as I get my hands on them soon I'll post some pics, but they should mimic the real deal with maker lights down the side, tail lights in the back along with a 3 led light bar on the very back of the trailer. Let me know!!
Old 06-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You may want to post this in the crawler area as well.
I would love to have a scale trailer but my boats are large scale and the cost is not worth it.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuGgYBaShEr.28 View Post
I have built a few boat trailers in the past and may consider to build a few more but more importantly right now, I have a buddy working on some 3d printed trailer lights. They will run of led's and I'm reaching out to see what interest would be generated to see if it's worth mass producing these lights. Soon as I get my hands on them soon I'll post some pics, but they should mimic the real deal with maker lights down the side, tail lights in the back along with a 3 led light bar on the very back of the trailer. Let me know!!
I would like to see photos please & what is the cost of one
Old 06-27-2017, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OYL RACING View Post
I would like to see photos please & what is the cost of one

The one on the left is fitted for a proboat shockwave 26 and the one on the right was fitted for a traxxas m41 wide body.

Refitted the shockwave trailer to accommodate a proboat impulse 31 but extending the tung.

Everything is made from aluminum angle, stainless rods for axles and stainless hardware. I wrap the rails in felt of a color of your choosing. The wheels kinda dictate the price as I use mino erevo wheels on my trailer at a cost of 35 bucks for a complete set.

The trailers run anywhere between 160 and 220. I will say shipping can be expensive, I could try to build them such that they fit in a smaller box and you could assemble yourself.

I'm still waiting on the lights and whenever I get those I'll post. And yes I'll try to post in the crawler forum for more interest.