Revolt 30

Old 07-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Revolt 30

Hi guys I had received a revolt 30 this year for a Christmas gift and have been out of the boating scene for a while now. The 2.4G radio systems are new to me and I have learned quickly how to bind them with the great advice on sites like this one. The one question I have is does water have the capability to block or glitch the signal? The reason I ask this is on the weekend I was running my revolt on a river with a little bit of choppy water when I got a bit of air and submarined into the water. I let off the throttle as soon as I seen the boat go under but the boat stayed under full power diving out of site. The boat popped up to the surface about 45 seconds later (which felt like minutes as I was clueless what went wrong). When I got the boat back to shore I pulled the hatch and smelt burnt electrical. I let things cool off as everything felt hot, put a new pack in and the motor went up in smoke. I'm guessing the motor failure is what allowed my boat to resurface. Just not to sure what caused the boat to lose signal and not to sure if I want to buy a new motor if there are other things wrong.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Your FAILSAFE on your Rx(receiver)wasn't set properly, so when the Rx lost the signal from the Tx(transmitter), then the motor went to full throttle instead of neutral throttle position and submarined to the bottom of the river. The boat ran full throttle under the water until the motor blew. There was no water flowing through the cooling system since you weren't moving above the water for the rudder to pick it up & expel it through the exit.

I'd just set your failsafe per factory instructions, if the Rx still works or get a better quality Tx/Rx system. The Tactic stock Tx/Rx that comes with the RTR boats from AQUACRAFT is not of the highest quality, but it should have a built-in failsafe in the Rx. Maybe it was a dud?

A good way to BenchTest the failsafe:

(WITHOUT THE PROP ON)!!! Power everything(Tx-and Rx/ESC) ON, , and then TURN OFF your Tx...If the motor goes to full throttle, it's set wrong, so IMMEDIATELY UNPLUG THE BATTERIES! You want the throttle to go to neutral or zero throttle input so when signal is lost, the motor stops. If this would've been set or operated properly, the boat should've just popped right up out of the water and stopped when you let off the trigger.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by FORT-26; 08-03-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for that information. I never knew about the built in failsafe and will be sure to check it before running the boat now.