Search

Blackjack 29

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Blackjack 29

My son and I have just bought 2 blackjack 29's. They both run really good but a little issue that I need help with, my sons seems to bring water up the drive line into the hull, it kinda mixes with the grease that is in the tube and makes a bit of a mess.......this only happens to my sons boat. I have an issue with mine as well......one of the negative battery terminals came unsoldered...... I am using Orion Carbon Pro 5000MaH 90C pacs with 4mm 90degree bullet connectors...could the pacs be drawing too much power for the connectors causing the solder to heat up and let go? The battery that the connector came off has only had 2 charges also......Any help would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by Shaun B22; 07-27-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow 3 days, over 80 views and not 1 tidbit of advice.........thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Shaun,

Check the teflon liner around the flexshaft in your sons boat. It may have a cut or defect that is allowing water to work its way up the shaft during operation. Make sure to use a quality grease on the shaft every couple of runs. I use the Grimracer speed grease from aquacraft.

Regarding the battery terminal unsoldering, there are two possibilities that I can think of. Your boat may be running more "wet" than your sons (ie more of the hull in contact with the water) therefore drawing more amps. Its also possible that there may have been a "cold" solder joint at that connection, and it came undone. Are you both running the same prop? RC boats draw a TON of amps and will test a battery and its connectors to the limit. A marginal solder job that would hold up for months in an RC car will let go almost immidiately in a boat.

Also, try the forums at www.offshoreelectrics.com. There is a ton of RC boat information over there, as it is dedicated to fast electric RC boats.

Jeff
Old 08-20-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

^^^^^^ What he said. ^^^^^^