Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
Cheap RC Boating $60 Vitality FT009 Unboxing >

Cheap RC Boating $60 Vitality FT009 Unboxing

Cheap RC Boating $60 Vitality FT009 Unboxing

Old 03-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Cheap RC Boating $60 Vitality FT009 Unboxing

Well it is that time of year again and I am already thinking of what new toys I can get this year. My new Quad Copter is here and I am waiting for some warmer weather and it got me thinking about a bigger boat this year since I was so impressed with the Vitality FT007 I received last year, it was plenty fast and they have a great sound to them as they cut through the water. I got an email about the FT009 it looked much bigger and has a 540 size water cooled motor in it. For the price I got two, we shall see how it holds up compared to the FT007 and how much faster it is. Soon enough I will have a running video of the two different boats racing around the lake. That should be exciting, but for now here is the unboxing comparing the two boats side by side so you can get a real sense of the differences, Enjoy!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

So of course I just couldn't wait to test this sucker out, so we found a section of the lake that was thawed, tossed them in and tested them out. Ended up making a game of it jumping the chunks of ice. It is at least nice to know it all works, it will be nice to have a proper lake soon with warmer weather here then we can get them up to speed and do some boat races already!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So may times I wished I lived closer to water, that 09 looks sweet. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by spookie View Post
So may times I wished I lived closer to water, that 09 looks sweet. Thanks for posting.
I don't have much around me for swimming and real boating but I have just realized how much is around that is big enough and plenty calm waters for rc boating, soon I will have to be fighting the fisherman though.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

On this boat in particular I had a problem getting it armed right out of the box. I had to do the bypass mod of the safety sensors and now it works great. Something to keep in mind if yours is not arming or dying randomly on the water. Here is my version of the mod which I think works best keep it all inside the waterproof box instead of dangling around inside the hull.

+ YouTube Video