Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
HELP - modifying boat >

HELP - modifying boat

HELP - modifying boat

Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP - modifying boat

Hey guys,

This is my first post on here and first ever attempt at putting together an RC boat.

I purchased a micro 7009 dash RC (which I am unable to leave a link for, sorry) from a local shop, it's a super cheap boat but I had a great time with it and it seems to be perfect for the small lake I use it in because of its ability to turn so sharply.

Although, within the first couple of times using it the speed controller/receiver which come all in one cheap little plastic box seems to have fried. So I sent it back for a replacement and within 20 minutes of the second one being in the water the same thing happened.

So my plan is to keep the boats hull and anything else that might be useful with it but purchase a motor/esc or whatever it might need. I'd love for it to be as fast as it was or even a little faster but I obviously don't want to spend too much. I'd happily spend up to $100 if need be but anything less would be a bonus.

So basically, if I could get some suggestions on what I need or any recommendations on a motor, esc, servo to actually make this happen I would be very appreciative.

Cheers
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 AM

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

many choices at hobbyking
Old 12-19-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Rookie

fair enough
Old 03-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Advice on rc boat setup

Im after some advice on my boat setup, I would like to know if what im running is all compatible or if I will just burn something out.

Here is my setup along with the specs:

Motor 2040SL 4800kv Brushless Inrunner (WaterCooled)
Kv: 4800rpm/v
Battery: 2-3S 2200mAh+

ESCHobbyKing 50A Boat ESC 3A UBEC
Constant Current: 50A
Burst Current: 70A
Battery: 2-4S Lipoly
BEC: 5.5v / 3A
Motor Type: Sensorless Brushless
Cooling: Watercooled

BatteryTurnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S
Capacity: 2200mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V
Discharge: 45C Constant / 90C Burst
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: XT60

Prop 19mm impeller jet drive unit

And obviously a servo and receiver... (tell me if you need to know what they are too.)

Some advice from you guys would be great because I don't want to waste my money if these components do not work with eachother.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

A really nice information and great setup for boat.As first i have no idea so please tell about servo and receiver also.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Boourns.. thats overkill.. ur boat came with a370 brushed motor in the 1800kv range..with a 650 mah nimh 7.4v..
and you cooked 2 sets of esc in 2 runs.. it says ur boat is good for 6-8 minute runs not 20 thats why ur cooking ur electronics..

a 2200mah 2 cell lipo is alot of weight for a 15" boat.. also the 4800kv motor with stock prop is also way way to much stick with a 1800-2350 kv.. and shorten ur run time to 9 minutes max..
a 15 amp or even a 25 amp esc will be good..

what you plan on putting in this boat will bring you great joy and alot of fire and money going to bottom of ur POND..

Im a Certified Marine Mechanic on Real full size boats ..sorry to dis u but . WAKEUP thats not gonna work..smoke fire . sinking.. yippy..LOL..
http://www.irctoy.com/RC-toys/RC-Mar...cing-Boat.html
Old 03-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

My second post regarding the specs and compatibility was of no relation to my first post, I have that boat running beautifully with a completely different hardware setup.

I am modifying an NQD jet boat with a lot more room for my electronics, hence the large battery.

Thanks for the response and I should have been a little more clear on which boat this was for.
I guess now you can relax hpikillr! Sheesh
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by judithangels View Post
A really nice information and great setup for boat.As first i have no idea so please tell about servo and receiver also.
The receiver/transmitter is a cheap Flysky fs-gt2 2.4ghz
and I have a Turnigy 9g high speed servo for the jet boat also.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Rookie

I now have all the parts installed and working which is awesome. Love this boat.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sure.. u list a mess of parts that i said will not work then come back and say Oh its not for that boat.. LOL .opps forgot ur on the bottom of the globe so things are upside down for you.. Help to be specific to what ur putting in in.. how was i to know it was not the 15" hull..
Old 03-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hpikillr View Post
sure.. u list a mess of parts that i said will not work then come back and say Oh its not for that boat.. LOL .opps forgot ur on the bottom of the globe so things are upside down for you.. Help to be specific to what ur putting in in.. how was i to know it was not the 15" hull..
Haha... A mess of parts? All of these items are pretty much made for each other mate and it runs perfectly. I can post some photos if that would put you at ease?

I should have said it was for a different boat but that was not my question in the second post, I simply asked if those PARTS in bold writing would work together and I clearly state that the prop is a jet drive unit.

Nice little upside down joke. Douche.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Rookie

The boat modification is very careful process for keeping it balance.
It require some experience and technical staff to modifying.