Search

Picco P-67...80??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Picco P-67...80??

This is not a for sale thread....but will potentially fuel one.

I have a Picco P-67 also marked with 80 sitting in the garage from a project I was working on about 5 years ago...

Seems to have good compression...dual needle carb, and a pipe.

Since I really have no interest in boats unless I go with an electric one, i was wondering if anyone still uses these motors or has a need for one.

What would it be worth. I had purchased it second hand for a Dumas Circus Circus 1/8th Hydro that I was building. (cat knocked it off the workbench one night with the jig while the sponson adhesive was setting up, jig racked pretty bad...so the project was round filed.)

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Is it the one with blue head? You might be getting 100-125usd for it. They are wanted for tethercars.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

all in the condition its truely in. bigblock picco parts can be quite hard to come by.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Correct but that is because the Picco factory in Italy is making from time to rime marine engines. They make a batch and then quit for a while. Parts are most of the time hard to get. That is why gas engine are becoming popular: these nitro engines conusme 40-50% nitro.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

It is a silver..or gray head. Meant to get photos last night and forgot. But the carb, header, and pipe are all there. Even has the collet do-dad for what looks to be 1/4" drive for prop.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Expect 100dollar for it.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can you take a pic with the head button off showing where the pinch is at? thanks
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default photos

Not sure if these were the shots you were looking for. But when rotating the engine by hand, with the button off or plug out I start feeling a pretty good amount of resistance about 1/8th of an inch before TDC...very smooth. Everything looks in order. Carb rotates nice and smooth too. Again..any help would be greatly appreciated...need to know what to ask for if I post a for sale thread.

Thanks!!

Old 10-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Correct but that is because the Picco factory in Italy is making from time to rime marine engines. They make a batch and then quit for a while. Parts are most of the time hard to get. That is why gas engine are becoming popular: these nitro engines consume 40-50% nitro.
Picco engines are almost extinct and if it does not have a RPM rod it wont be worth anything. i currently use the most expensive Nitro marine engines you can buy CMB 101RS. nitro is not on the decline.times are ruff and people are just not playing with boats.
as far as gas engines is concern i prefer nitro lol..

Julian
Old 12-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RPM con rod?

Sorry to pinch an old thread, but is this the rod you are talking about? I have a P67 circa 1992 that we took to some famous local guru to do "everything allowed within class rules" to supe it up for racing the hydroplane I never got around to finishing. All the pics of Picco con rods I have seen seem to have chamfering on the sides resulting in a diamond-shaped cross section. My rod has a square cross section and looks a bit beefier. My engine mounts are RPM, so I'm thinking that maybe part of what we paid the guru to do was change the rod, but that was 20 years ago, lol. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, the camera is charging...

Also, anyone got any info on RPM? The one site I found looks a little too 'Hong Kong Supplier' than these hand machined pieces.
Thanks for your time,
-M
Attached Thumbnails Picco P-67...80??-rod-1.jpg   Picco P-67...80??-rod-2.jpg  

Last edited by ChattyMatty; 12-18-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you cant get parts for these motors you wont get alot of money for it if not hardly none..

Julian