R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating

Old 02-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Water cooling

hey im kinda new to this area and was looking for some help. what kind of water cooling kits are there out there for electric motors. i have my mamba monster and a water jacket for that already. is there some kind of pump i can buy from anywhere to pump water into the water jacket. and what about some type of radiator to dissipate the heat from the motor?
slash24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

you have a waterpick up on your boat which connects to the water jacket. then the boat is moving the water is cooling the motor.
bruce5385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Tech Regular

yes im aware of that. my post asked about pumps and radiators...
slash24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #4

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash24 View Post
hey im kinda new to this area and was looking for some help. what kind of water cooling kits are there out there for electric motors. i have my mamba monster and a water jacket for that already. is there some kind of pump i can buy from anywhere to pump water into the water jacket. and what about some type of radiator to dissipate the heat from the motor?
No pumps or radiators are needed, if your motor has a water jacket, thats all you need, if not you can coil som tube around the motor. Do you have a water cooled esc? If not it goes to from the water pickup to the coil on the motor, out of the boat. If you need help with it let me know, thats all I do, I am home most nights.
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I have looked for a pump to force water through my cooling lines also. Proboat has one that is on there Blackjack 55 and Shockwave 55. It is operated by motor vacuum, so can't use it on electric boats. Most of my electric stuff has been fine with just the force generated by the boat moving, but my Shockwave 55 didn't come with a pump and it doesn't do so well. For some reason water just doesn't want to flow through the motor. I want to put an electric pump on it rather than pluming into the motor for vacuum and having to worry about it leaking and running like crap then. I think to get an electric pump we might have to do some engineering because I have searched and searched and can't come up with anything.
blazerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
Tech Elite

I have NEVER used pumps in my boats, whether it was electric, nitro or gas. If you have problems with cooling, use a larger diameter pickup or water tube. If your water-pickup is in your rudder, try to enlarger it CAREFULLY with a small drill.. Remember to use a larger water-outlet as well!