R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating

Old 01-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default apparition cat ??

Does anyone have any feedback on this boat ? I'm in the market for a Cat.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11739
Old 01-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you have all of the required components layin around it might be worth the money. If not then prepare to dish it out! That eq is not cheap and before you know it you could be approaching 1k. And if you want to spend that then you can do much better than a hk or (hong kong) apparition. It is just like the venom electric king of shaves which I owned and is a huge POS! They might even be made at the same factory.? Just my opinion but I think you would be happier in the long run if you spend a bit more and get a good kit or rtr from a mor reputable company. Like warehouse hobbies (no cats but awesome boats) look around I know there are well built cats out there. Good luck
sippirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Good hull, but I highly recommend going with the version that only uses the single motor. Twin motor boats are generally a pain to deal with; just more electronics to go bad and more places where water can leak. If you don't mind spending an extra $100, the Proboat Miss Geico is the way to go.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippirat View Post
If you have all of the required components layin around it might be worth the money. If not then prepare to dish it out! That eq is not cheap and before you know it you could be approaching 1k. And if you want to spend that then you can do much better than a hk or (hong kong) apparition. It is just like the venom electric king of shaves which I owned and is a huge POS! They might even be made at the same factory.? Just my opinion but I think you would be happier in the long run if you spend a bit more and get a good kit or rtr from a mor reputable company. Like warehouse hobbies (no cats but awesome boats) look around I know there are well built cats out there. Good luck
I have everything but a water ESC , that is one of my concerns is its from HK and i can't find anyone locally to purchase it from. I like spending my money at my local Hobby Stores .

I will check out the Miss Gieco.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Buy it if you want junk and want to wait forever for parts and that is IF they actually sell replacement parts.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Buy it if you want junk and want to wait forever for parts and that is IF they actually sell replacement parts.
i have to agree
sippirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 AM   #7
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default appirition hull

the hull is great the hardware is ok the electronics are not fit to be paper weights and you can add 80$ for shipping to that 220$ my total was like 312$ so you not getting anything useable but the hull i have 2 of the and i have other boats as well and all you will get for your 312$ that is usable is the hull and hardware dont buy any of these mass produced boats you will be disapointed i have not seen any of the mass produced boats that have a hull this sturdy i have seen better hardware on some proboat stuff but not the hull and you get a little better electronics but not much better but the again im comparing the stuff i run steve neu 1515,1521 brushless motors and castle creations hydra 240hv esc but any way im really not shure if i want to part with it but i have a like brand new appirition single motor hull you dont want the double you will run faster for cheaper with a single no electronics . the hull and hardware make me a offer it might interest me and i just might sell it it is in great shape i actually did throw the electronics in the trash i ran it for about 10 min shoot me a email i will send you pics [email protected]
tarnold69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse View Post
Good hull, but I highly recommend going with the version that only uses the single motor. Twin motor boats are generally a pain to deal with; just more electronics to go bad and more places where water can leak. If you don't mind spending an extra $100, the Proboat Miss Geico is the way to go.
" amen "
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Apparition Catamaran

Im based here in the Philippines and have worked on an Apparition EP Cat with a single motor. This kit, along with several other EP, NitroP and Gas powered boats are actually manufactured by a China based company. Check out www.tflhobby.com. They are also the main supplier of Gasboats for Navicraft.

The Apparition runs and handles well. The materials used in its manufacture are not exactly top-notch but above average. Just the right level to give you very many pleasant days at the pond. Regular maintenance would entail lubricating the drive cable and shaft with marine grease.
bonididit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Tailend Racer Send a message via Skype™ to Tailend Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
muchly agreed with this post.
I recently bought 2 Joysway boats
unfortenatly the 1st boat i trowled into a rock bed (due to the rc boat not having a steer fin aquaplain across water sideways slamming arock , only to find you cant buy that type of HULL in AUSTRALIA
2nd boat bought 2days before Xmas only to find the ESC was faulty rang shop nil in stock rang supplier cant getit for two weeks that was 1 day b4 xmas some 6 weeks later still waiting supplyer blaming HK i sent several emails to manufacturer only to be shafted
Tailend Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I bought a Genesis and though the paint is a work of art, the electronics are garbage. If you want to build your own get a Fighter Cat hull and start fresh and save money in the log run.

Get a Miss Geico if you're interested in a true RTR. Horizon has excellent customer service.
losifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #12
Tech Initiate

Default a link to buy the appirition hull only by its self 95$

like i said in a earlier post the appirition hull is great the hardware ok the electronics junk i would sudjest get the hull by itself and you can choose your hardware and your electronics and the only place i know of to get just the hull is this place for 95$ this id your best bet that way you dont pay for a bunch of junk you dont need good luck http://www.horracing.com/product_inf...1cain3vrp63no7