Wiki Posts
Search

need help choosing a boat to by

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? need help choosing a boat to by

i am new to boating i have been with the cars for a long time and thought i would give boating a try. so i am thinking about the villian ex, supervee 27 brushless, and a tower hobbies brand turbo vee 3 so any help on which is the best bang for the buck would be nice.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I just picked up a Proboat brushless Formula FASTech and I absolutly love it, it's freakin fast. It was about $300, brushless and RTR. Not a bad deal if you ask me. I also already had lipos and chargers because I also have many cars. I think Proboat puts together some quality boats. The Villain was my third choice but at about $250, for an extra $50 I figured the brushless Proboat was worth it. The Villain is a cool boat though. I looked at the Supervee 27 but the styling just wasn't for me. The Tower Hobbies Turbo Vee looks more like a kids toy than a hobby grade boat to me but that's just my opinion, it may be a better boat than it looks. You could also check out horizionhobby.com and take a look at their boats, they carry the Proboat models and a few others. No matter what boat you get I'm sure you will enjoy it, I have been in the hobby for about 11 years and never was interrested in boats until recently. I just wish I had gotten one a long time ago.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default thanks for the advive

thanks for the advive but i am not going to get the proboat formula fastech i am either going toget the aquacraft supervee 27 brushless or the cen aqua jet with 550motor. any help choosing which one of the to would be be great.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brinkster96
thanks for the advive but i am not going to get the proboat formula fastech i am either going toget the aquacraft supervee 27 brushless or the cen aqua jet with 550motor. any help choosing which one of the to would be be great.
Get the Supervee 27. Offshoreelectrics.com is have a sale on them. I believe they are only $230.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

My apologies, its $240 which is still great deal.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

look at the new 34" venom king of shaves twin drive brushless cat, its sick
Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YOKMASTER
look at the new 34" venom king of shaves twin drive brushless cat, its sick
Not for you, this is your first boat. Not to offend you but you will be very disappointed when it is not set right up as your first boat. Take a smaller boat and learn how to set up a hull first before going larger (more maintenance!)
Old 07-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default thanks but i already ordered it

thanks but i already ordered it. i have heard that on other sites but the reason i am not going smaller is because i have drivin other boats and mantained them. (borrowed my friends) i am not completely new to boating ijust have never owned my own.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brinkster96
thanks but i already ordered it. i have heard that on other sites but the reason i am not going smaller is because i have drivin other boats and mantained them. (borrowed my friends) i am not completely new to boating ijust have never owned my own.
Good luck then and have fun at the pond.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:07 PM
DLM

Thumbs up need help choosing to buy

()()()()()()()

Last edited by DLM; 08-15-2009 at 08:35 AM.