Post pics of ur boats >

Post pics of ur boats

Like Tree6Likes

Post pics of ur boats

Old 08-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Nice, how is the UL1 Superior running? Is it stock or did you chance something?
totally stock for now, just got it 2 days ago. got it up to 48.0 mph so far but was @ a small pond-not enough room
Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avdub
8th scale gas at 30mph

Where do you run it?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

here is a Kyosho Nitro Viper GT i got from a guy at work for $50, its a lil dirty but it runs and has a .18 installed, its fun but im a electric guy so im still shoping, got this to pass the time till i can find one i want, i just got it yesterday so i havent had a chance to clean it yet
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Incredible Boats guys/gals.. quick question from a ex nitro boat guy.. how you do you keep your electric dry.. I am thinking about going green and going brushless.. but from the images I see looks like all the electric components are exposed to water in the event of a tip over...

thanks in advance..

david
Old 08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by apx2apx
Incredible Boats guys/gals.. quick question from a ex nitro boat guy.. how you do you keep your electric dry.. I am thinking about going green and going brushless.. but from the images I see looks like all the electric components are exposed to water in the event of a tip over...

thanks in advance..

david
David,

For fast electric the magic tool is electrical tape (I use 3M) to tape the hatch down and seal it. The drilled holes have (rubber) rings for the drilled holes to prevent water coming in. If you want to go brushless look for an esc which has epoxy on the PCB so it is sealed. Good luck
Old 08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
David,

For fast electric the magic tool is electrical tape (I use 3M) to tape the hatch down and seal it. The drilled holes have (rubber) rings for the drilled holes to prevent water coming in. If you want to go brushless look for an esc which has epoxy on the PCB so it is sealed. Good luck
Great!!! thank you for the feedback.. what "drilled holes" are you referring too.. I think you are referring the drain plugs.. mine has plastic balls that move water in and out of the boats hull..

thank you again..

david
Old 08-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Great looking boats guys, I am impressed and a litle bit jealous.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Im starting to think electric is the way to go. I just seen a few here at the local lake run and man, They were moving and the acceleration on em was nuts.

Great looking boats everyone.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Here's my boats

Villain EX recovery boat
Post pics of ur boats-img_0142.jpg

UL-1 with OSE cooling jacket, OSE collet, 3.3v lipo shield, Kintec turnfin mount, pour foamed inside hull, 6mm motor bullets, GR 40/52/3 prop.
Post pics of ur boats-img_0116sm.jpg

VS-1 with OS .21 outboard, Futaba Fasst, 4oz lead in radiobox.
Post pics of ur boats-img_0001sm.jpg

Some of the scales at our last race.
Post pics of ur boats-img_0003sm.jpg

How many posts until you can link to pics?
Old 09-21-2009, 06:37 AM
DLM

Thumbs up post pictures

Keeping boat dry. Test in bathtub first. Now check out a boat and see how hard it is to tape the cover down. Sometimes you have to double the width with tape due to various shapes. Next the servo wire to rudder should have plenty of grease if you use the rubber nipple type water preventer. I use 1/8" plastic tube and grease the inside of plastic. Next is the stuffing tube and many make the mistake of too large a tube for wire,cable and the like. I like the teflon liner which comes with size of cable and is matched to stuffing tube. Grease here also. Check seams of boat, especially in bow after it is put together, hard to really do a excellent job within. Watercooling can leak but just run water thru with water line hose and blow thru line. Receiver; use a balloon with a piece of folding towel under rx and some tie this off. I cut the narrow part of balloon off, works for me. Now some use Cling wrapping cellophane which is good but add towel inside for insurance. Nothing is perfect, but servo, just unscrew the bolts alittle and force grease in crevices and force grease around servo horn. Now heres another item; use Corrosion-X spray into rx and then use hairdryer and blow out most of spray and turn upside down on a towel, plus wipe off led wires and exterior so dust doesn't collect. This should help. Have a good day!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ready to get wet

Old 09-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Great looking boats Talaba!!

Tombsy: you can insert a link to the picture somewhere else on the web by clicking on the IMAGE Icon. There will be a Java popup where you can insert the link so it will be displayed here in this forum. If you know a little HTML you can do it yourself like this: [IMG]link[/IMG] and it will be displayed also.
Hope this helps you.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

+1 on a nice group of boats Talaba

MrUnlimited - I got a message saying I didn't have enough posts to link to a pic
Old 09-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Here is my old sightler. I haven't actually had it in the water yet, but I'm hoping to soon. I'm new to boats so I'm still going through the boat making sure everything is ready to go. I got it a few months ago but it hasn't seen water in at least 8 years.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Here is my sailboat. Which, by the way is for sale on another thread.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.