Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
Wltoys wl912a w12 dead in 1 run modding time >

Wltoys wl912a w12 dead in 1 run modding time

Wltoys wl912a w12 dead in 1 run modding time

Old 05-26-2021, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wltoys wl912a w12 dead in 1 run modding time

Picked up this thing off Facebook market place non working for $30, guy said he ran it once and the radio wouldn't connect. Whatever for $30 I figured at least the hull was worth that much.

After charging the battery on my icharger it still didn't work so I opened it up. Combo esc/receiver died in one run. I was really hoping it was a separate receiver to keep using the radio.

Oh well. I tried bypassing the burnt traces with wire but I noticed a tiny ic also was black and of course it didn't work. It would plug into the motor and power the motor directly, so that works at least.

TL;DR tell people not to buy this wltoys garbage. I'll put in a new esc and radio system and run it till something else dies though so its not garbage.

Old 06-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Alexv2024 View Post
Picked up this thing off Facebook market place non working for $30, guy said he ran it once and the radio wouldn't connect. Whatever for $30 I figured at least the hull was worth that much.

After charging the battery on my icharger it still didn't work so I opened it up. Combo esc/receiver died in one run. I was really hoping it was a separate receiver to keep using the radio.

Oh well. I tried bypassing the burnt traces with wire but I noticed a tiny ic also was black and of course it didn't work. It would plug into the motor and power the motor directly, so that works at least.

TL;DR tell people not to buy this wltoys garbage. I'll put in a new esc and radio system and run it till something else dies though so its not garbage.

Man that's just too bad... That hull looks super cool and would probably be a fun cheap build
Old 06-03-2021, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I pulled this brushless system from my mini T, no Idea if its gonna work. 8000KV motor so I doubt it haha.

But yeah the whole idea behind buying this was for the hull and to mod it. I was hoping I could fix something and use it as is. But with a regular looking servo I figured I could make something work.

Tomorrow I'll grab some tubing and make a cooling coil and maybe go test it. Gotta make some sort of mount for the electronics and finish the wiring.