Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
Electric connection >

Electric connection

Electric connection

Old 04-20-2021, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Electric connection

Hello to the community.

my issue is simple. Iím building a RC submarine (trying to at least). I want to buy an air pump for ballast but I wonder a lot about the connection of the air pump : how can I connect a two wire (red and black) pump to my RC receiver which has three wire connectors ?
This may sound stupid or very basic but I canít find answers...
so I try here .
thank you guys for reading, hope everyone is all right
Old 04-20-2021, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

1 must acquire a radio controlled switch..
Old 04-21-2021, 09:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You need a relay that works with RC receivers such as:
this this
or
this this

You will need to make sure your pump is DC and the correct voltage for the battery you are using. The first two pull the power from the receiver. If you need more power than the receiver can handle or a different voltage than the receiver's operating voltage you will need one like
this this
Which can pull power directly from the battery or even from a different battery.
Please note. I have not used any of these. They are just in general what you need.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

One other option is using a electronic speed control (ESC), that would add a variable speed capability which might be helpful for control. If the pump is reversible that could be used too.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
One other option is using a electronic speed control (ESC), that would add a variable speed capability which might be helpful for control. If the pump is reversible that could be used too.
Good call, I didn't think of reversing.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok from what I see from the items you presented, I connect it to the RC receiver and to a dedicated battery. I already have on my system a battery to power the motor through an ESC. So I thought it was possible to power the RC switch relay through this already existing battery, by using the RC receiver...but thank you all for your answers,it really helps me
Originally Posted by mrreet2001
You need a relay that works with RC receivers such as:
or

You will need to make sure your pump is DC and the correct voltage for the battery you are using. The first two pull the power from the receiver. If you need more power than the receiver can handle or a different voltage than the receiver's operating voltage you will need one like
Which can pull power directly from the battery or even from a different battery.
Please note. I have not used any of these. They are just in general what you need.