Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
circuit and battery protection >

circuit and battery protection

circuit and battery protection

Old 03-17-2021, 11:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? circuit and battery protection

Hello,
i have built a system for rc boat control and i want to add protection on it for when the battery is depleted or in case some component draws unexpected amp power. I am using a motor and a esc which are connected to a 2s lipo battery of 5500 amps. I am also using a UBEC of 5V 3 A which is connected to the same battery and provides power to the rest of the system. So my question is, do both the ESC and the UBEC provide voltage protection and amp protection? I know this UBEC doesn't protect the battery from depletion because it destroyed one of my other batteries when i left it on for 2 days.
motor: hellasdigital.gr/go-create/fpv/brushless-dc-motor/turnigy-d2836-11-750kv-brushless-outrunner-motor/
esc: cableworks.gr/ilektronika/drones/esc/30a-brushless-motor-esc-for-rc-airplane-quadcopter/
UBEC: grobotronics.com/ubec-dc-dc-step-down-buck-converter-5v-3a-output-el.html

Old 03-17-2021, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

get 1 of these.
Actume 1-8S Lipo Batterie Tester, Two-in-One Battery Indicator, Low Voltage (Adjustable) Aalarm, on-Board LED Buzzer, Battery Protection Buzzer, Battery Alarm Checker - - Amazon.com Actume 1-8S Lipo Batterie Tester, Two-in-One Battery Indicator, Low Voltage (Adjustable) Aalarm, on-Board LED Buzzer, Battery Protection Buzzer, Battery Alarm Checker - - Amazon.com
Old 03-17-2021, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

cant really give you a type of alert for excess amperage from a certain device.what I listed keeps your battery from being below a # dont know any watt monitors that have a buzzer