Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Tekin RS pro black edition thread >

Tekin RS pro black edition thread

Like Tree21Likes

Tekin RS pro black edition thread

Old 02-01-2018, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SlipDiff View Post
Hi all , having issues atm with my rs Pro black and my Hotwire 2.0 255 connecting using normal mode that allows me to apply and save settings. Each time I hook it up it will only run demo mode. Thanks for any help and info
Plug reversed? Black wire to the outter side of the case.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Rs Pro 258 update

Originally Posted by ezlight View Post
Plug reversed? Black wire to the outter side of the case.
Rs pro now functioning good, I updated app to version 258 and no issues atm
ezlight likes this.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Rs pro now functioning good, I updated app to version 258 and no issues atm
I thought all of the BE's were 258. Sorry I missed where you said 255.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi all , having issues atm with my rs Pro black and my Hotwire 2.0 255 connecting using normal mode that allows me to apply and save settings. Each time I hook it up it will only run demo mode. Thanks for any help and info
Exit out of hotwire and come back in. Demo will not be there
Old 01-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

If you needed an ESC to do possible double duty, with the primary classes being ran though being spec (so once in awhile you run mod), am I correct the RS Pro Black Edition can do this?

If so, are the main changes needed that are not just say a software change is adding in a fan or is it more to this?

Classes would be 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy, and 2wd stadium truck that could have potential mod usage at times.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:02 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
If you needed an ESC to do possible double duty, with the primary classes being ran though being spec (so once in awhile you run mod), am I correct the RS Pro Black Edition can do this?

If so, are the main changes needed that are not just say a software change is adding in a fan or is it more to this?

Classes would be 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy, and 2wd stadium truck that could have potential mod usage at times.
Yes but not the best idea in 4wd. 4wd mod can overheat the RS PRo BE since there's no fan or heatsink. The amps it can cover without issue, however heat removal is another problem it's not equipped for.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Yes but not the best idea in 4wd. 4wd mod can overheat the RS PRo BE since there's no fan or heatsink. The amps it can cover without issue, however heat removal is another problem it's not equipped for.
Thanks for the info!

Randy_Pike likes this.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is the RS Pro BE heat removal capacity similar to the old RS Pro? Before there was an RSX I ran the RS Pro in mod sprint dirt oval (5.5) and pointing a fan at the solder posts was all I needed to keep it from overheating.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Any chance we’ll be seeing a new one soon? Haven’t heard much on RS Spec Gen3 either... need new esc for 1/10th buggy 17.5!
Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by dski View Post
Is the RS Pro BE heat removal capacity similar to the old RS Pro? Before there was an RSX I ran the RS Pro in mod sprint dirt oval (5.5) and pointing a fan at the solder posts was all I needed to keep it from overheating.
Yes pretty much.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by savage24x View Post
Any chance we’ll be seeing a new one soon? Haven’t heard much on RS Spec Gen3 either... need new esc for 1/10th buggy 17.5!
The RS Pro BE isn't going anywhere...no need to update what is arguably the best Spec ESC on the market.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:01 PM
Tech Rookie

I am looking for some help/advise on my RS Pro BE and 17.5 Spec R. I feel like I'm down on power compared to a couple other cars (Spec R's also) at my track. It seems that no matter what I do for gearing it doesn't seem to make a ton of difference. I am running 14awg wire on my RS Pro and I have had the motor hot (180-200) while attempting to get the gearing correct. I have the throttle frequency set at 2k and my current timing is about 45 deg on the can, I have tried it as high as 50. For reference the track is a tight carpet track 40x70. Would getting it hot cause loss of power and what would I look for to know for sure? Is 14awg wire big enough for the application? I have the numbers from a motor analyzer from when I got it so I plan on pulling it and retesting to see if is still close
Old 01-30-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mod1g View Post
I am looking for some help/advise on my RS Pro BE and 17.5 Spec R. I feel like I'm down on power compared to a couple other cars (Spec R's also) at my track. It seems that no matter what I do for gearing it doesn't seem to make a ton of difference. I am running 14awg wire on my RS Pro and I have had the motor hot (180-200) while attempting to get the gearing correct. I have the throttle frequency set at 2k and my current timing is about 45 deg on the can, I have tried it as high as 50. For reference the track is a tight carpet track 40x70. Would getting it hot cause loss of power and what would I look for to know for sure? Is 14awg wire big enough for the application? I have the numbers from a motor analyzer from when I got it so I plan on pulling it and retesting to see if is still close
My question to you MOD1G is what car or truck is this in and what gearing have you started with and what way have you gone up or down on teeth? you could be way over or under geared. you shouldn't have 180-200 temps if you have the right gearing. timing should be about 50 on the can.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hello, I am using the 1st gen hotwire with my rspro black esc. The hotwire works fine for programming the esc, and for viewing the data logs on my phone, which is great. But, is there an option to download the data logs to my phone? I know there is an option to download the logs when using my pc, but I don't take my laptop to the track, already too much to carry. And with the memory in the esc being so small, I get very limited data to analyze. Also, there seems to be 8 runs stored on my esc that I can't delete. I erase the logs, but those still remain.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jdutch03 View Post
My question to you MOD1G is what car or truck is this in and what gearing have you started with and what way have you gone up or down on teeth? you could be way over or under geared. you shouldn't have 180-200 temps if you have the right gearing. timing should be about 50 on the can.
This was on a 2wd buggy. I was able to resolve the problem by resetting/recalibrating the esc. For some reason it must not have been getting the full throttle end point making the gearing changes not have a significant difference in feel. I did go ahead and bump the timing to 50. Its a rocket now

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service