Old 09-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadMick View Post
Hi guys what esc do ppl used more in there. Tekno ET48.3 Truggy
Hw xr8 sct pro or taking xr8 gen3
Show me what you have
pros and cons
I'm going to recommend the Tekin because A: wiring is easier and cleaner imo especially when mounting to the Tekno chassis and B: I have never had a Tekin ESC give me any trouble in a truggy, buggy or short course truck. Just sort of wish the price was a bit lower.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tekin Gen2 or Gen3
Old 09-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gen 3's are built tougher.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Not saying Tekin makes a bad ESC, their warranty is actually very good, however I do see Tekin's burn up at the tracks in my area from time to time, in comparison I tend to see fewer problems with HobbyWing than pretty much any other brand. I've also attempted to run just about every budget brand of ESC out there and HobbyWing has been the only one to stand the test of time for me... their older ESC's with flip switches have only given me problems with having to replace the switch once every year or so... the push button style switches have yet to give me any problems. I've got one ESC that is so old (about 3 years old) that I had to re-solder fresh wiring recently in my SCT410.1

Without a doubt HobbyWing is my choice and here's an example layout in my ET48.3:

As a bonus, there are notches which line up perfectly between the ESC tray and the ESC to strap in nice and snug:

Old 09-13-2017, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I must say here I have to agree...
My hobby wing 1/8 ESC has taken over a year of sheer abuse....
water ....snow ....mud ....6 and 4 s no gearing change just let it get hot!
The motor had bearing issues but all i did was take the bearing out and replace it with an old one from a burnt rotor motor and a little oil and away it went..
Still running awesome!
Tekin makes a AWESOME product and I have one of there's too but I save that for the race only application.
Oh and the un sensored hobby wing set up is surprisingly smooth!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Not saying Tekin makes a bad ESC, their warranty is actually very good, however I do see Tekin's burn up at the tracks in my area from time to time, in comparison I tend to see fewer problems with HobbyWing than pretty much any other brand. I've also attempted to run just about every budget brand of ESC out there and HobbyWing has been the only one to stand the test of time for me... their older ESC's with flip switches have only given me problems with having to replace the switch once every year or so... the push button style switches have yet to give me any problems. I've got one ESC that is so old (about 3 years old) that I had to re-solder fresh wiring recently in my SCT410.1

Without a doubt HobbyWing is my choice and here's an example layout in my ET48.3:

As a bonus, there are notches which line up perfectly between the ESC tray and the ESC to strap in nice and snug:

Very nice, clean set up.
billdelong likes this.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

agree
billdelong likes this.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post

He was asking about the. XR8 sct not the XR8 plus that you have.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by major3d View Post
He was asking about the. XR8 sct not the XR8 plus that you have.
whoa, talk about a necro-bump from 2+ years ago, ha!

I was specifically talking about the XR8 SCT that I have in my SCT410.1 but provided a sample wiring layout from my ET48.3 which offers almost identical layout, in fact here we are with an ESC that is roughly 5+ years old and still going strong

Wiring is pretty much the same, but just to make you feel better seeing the XR8 SCT, here you go, this pic was taken over the weekend with an experimental 3D printed mount using my Ender 3Pro printer:

Regardless, I have used the XR8 SCT on 4S in the EB48.4 no sweat too!

I don't run 1/8 classes anymore so only thing current I have to offer is what I'm running in my 2S powered SCT410.1