Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mkl
  • 2 Post By Billy T.
  • 1 Post By Billy T.

Hitec X2 Plus vs Hitec X2 Pro vs ?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Hitec X2 Plus vs Hitec X2 Pro vs ?

I am looking at getting an AC/DC dual port charger to use at home and at the track. I only run 1/10th scale and smaller with 2S and 3S batteries and I charge at 1C or 2C so I don't need a 40A charging rate monster that can charge a 6S battery in 10 seconds. I also have no interest in $200+ chargers.

Right now I'm looking at the Hitec X2 Plus. I saw that the Hitec X2 Pro can be had for about $60 more than the X2 Plus so now that's on my radar as well. The X2 Pro has twice the watts (I believe) of the X2 Plus and a soldering iron. The soldering iron might come in handy once a season or so at the track. I already have a ProTek soldering station so I'd rarely use it at home. I don't think I need the extra wattage for my application, but what do you guys think?

I also looked at the Venom Duo Pro and I like that it has a smaller footprint and carrying handle. It believe it also has slightly more watts per channel (80W per channel) vs the 50W per channel when charging two batteries on the X2 Plus via AC.

What are your thoughts and any other recommendations? Most of these threads turn into an iCharger thread. I don't want an iCharger.

Thanks for the input!
Old 05-25-2017, 04:56 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have the X2 Pro charger. I think it works well. Having the extra power may not be a bad thing for you. I run eBuggy and eTruggy so have 4s packs to charge and the power is nice with those batteries.
The soldering iron is a nice feature. I have used it at the track a few times and it allows me to not bring other soldering irons with me.
I also have the wifi module. It is a neat toy, but by no means necessary.
The only thing I don't like is the navigation. Everything I ready before I bought it said that the navigation was so simple that you don't even need the manual. I guess I was so used to the old charger I had that I still fumble through the menu options. It is easy enough but for me not quite as easy as all the reviews implied and I am still getting used to it.
My opinion is to get the Pro of the HiTec options. It is only a little more and has better features and functionality. If you ever do need the extra power, you have it.
If you wanted another option, look at the Hyperion chargers. That is what I used to use (kept it for a back up or if I want to charge 3 batteries at once). They don't have many AC options, but they are a quality charger and for me, easy to use.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mkl
I have the X2 Pro charger. I think it works well. Having the extra power may not be a bad thing for you. I run eBuggy and eTruggy so have 4s packs to charge and the power is nice with those batteries.
The soldering iron is a nice feature. I have used it at the track a few times and it allows me to not bring other soldering irons with me.
I also have the wifi module. It is a neat toy, but by no means necessary.
The only thing I don't like is the navigation. Everything I ready before I bought it said that the navigation was so simple that you don't even need the manual. I guess I was so used to the old charger I had that I still fumble through the menu options. It is easy enough but for me not quite as easy as all the reviews implied and I am still getting used to it.
My opinion is to get the Pro of the HiTec options. It is only a little more and has better features and functionality. If you ever do need the extra power, you have it.
If you wanted another option, look at the Hyperion chargers. That is what I used to use (kept it for a back up or if I want to charge 3 batteries at once). They don't have many AC options, but they are a quality charger and for me, easy to use.
Thanks for the feedback!

Unless things have changed, Hyperion chargers were very expensive for the dual port models. I'll check them out.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Anybody else?
Old 05-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Anybody else?
I would go for the X2 Pro if you do not plan on carrying your soldering iron to the track. Having the soldering will definitely save a race day for you, and doesn't take up room in your bag. They are both great chargers though.
wyd and JatoTheRipper like this.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i just got a x2 Pro.. i have nothing but praise for this charger, does dual 4's 6500 packs with ease, badass and half the size of my dynamite passport duo... feel its more accurate too

i redid some wiring on my ebugggy, iron works, i really didnt expect much from it, but it works way better than expected but, i was searching out replacement tips and i came up empty... has anyone used a more available iron? like a hakko? or hakko clone? cant seem to match the connector via ebay photos of solder station replacement handles...
Old 10-30-2017, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the wrench
i just got a x2 Pro.. i have nothing but praise for this charger, does dual 4's 6500 packs with ease, badass and half the size of my dynamite passport duo... feel its more accurate too

i redid some wiring on my ebugggy, iron works, i really didnt expect much from it, but it works way better than expected but, i was searching out replacement tips and i came up empty... has anyone used a more available iron? like a hakko? or hakko clone? cant seem to match the connector via ebay photos of solder station replacement handles...
We have the tips for sale on our direct site if you are unable to find them through the hobby retailers.

Weekenderwarehouse.com

Last edited by Billy T.; 10-30-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy T.
We have the tips for sale on our direct site if you are unable to find them through the hobby retailers.

Weekenderdirect.com
Got another link by chance? This one doesn't seem to go to a site
Old 10-30-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Got another link by chance? This one doesn't seem to go to a site
Weekender Warehouse

sorry!
EbbTide likes this.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy T.
Thank you! I was interested in the replacement tips as well
Old 04-01-2019, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

I ended up purchasing the Hitec X2 AC Plus Black Edition back in 2018. Since then it has puffed two batteries and given me an "Over Charge Capacity Limit" error. Both of the batteries are less than 3 years old. They are 2S 6000mAh LiPos. I charge them at 6.0A and 7.4V and always ensure they are balance charging. I am concerned there is an issue with this charger and it is unsafe. It should not be overcharging since the settings are correct. I've never had a LiPo battery puff during charging before this charger. Has anybody else had this issue?

I've reached out to Hitec.