Like Tree113Likes

Futaba 7PX

Old 07-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thirtydaZe
Subscribed. Ordered my 7px tonight from my LHS. Almost went from my 4px to an M17, but last minute stuck with Futaba. Super excited a out this, have been contemplating since it's release.
Before I decided to go with the 7PX, I was having the same debate. One of the primary reasons I decided to go with the 7PX was additional Rx prices. While the M17 is considerably cheaper, Futaba's receivers are much cheaper. If you're only going to have 1-3 receivers, then the M17 could be your better bet...but, the more vehicles you have, thus the more receivers, the pricing on the 7PX starts to look better & better. As I have 6 vehicles...soon to be 7...I'm already seeing the financial benefit of having gone with the 7PX.
dvaid852456 likes this.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Can any of the LE parts be purchased separately?

I've seen the carbon handle and that’s it.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EvilR2.0
Can any of the LE parts be purchased separately?

I've seen the carbon handle and that’s it.
Seriously, why??? Are you that concerned with the aesthetics of your transmitter? If so, instead of spending money on an overpriced handle, why not get a skin? There are numerous choices available, from several different companies...maugrafix, TKR Graphics, freqeskinz, T-Workz, just to name a few. I mean, if you want to make your 7PX stand out, then REALLY make it stand out. Make it look like none other from your LHS/track. That way, people will know EXACTLY who it belongs to.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Panther6834
Seriously, why??? Are you that concerned with the aesthetics of your transmitter? If so, instead of spending money on an overpriced handle, why not get a skin? There are numerous choices available, from several different companies...maugrafix, TKR Graphics, freqeskinz, T-Workz, just to name a few. I mean, if you want to make your 7PX stand out, then REALLY make it stand out. Make it look like none other from your LHS/track. That way, people will know EXACTLY who it belongs to.
Relax I was just asking! If I’m honest I don’t like the white and fake CF I was just interested!

The only two items I really need are a reasonable price case and wrist strap, the latter is easy to sort as for the case I might just grab a pelican or similar.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Relax I was just asking! If I’m honest I don’t like the white and fake CF I was just interested!

The only two items I really need are a reasonable price case and wrist strap, the latter is easy to sort as for the case I might just grab a pelican or similar.
in my reply, while I was serious with my solution, I was mostly joking (say, 80% joking) with my "rant". As for a case, here's a suggestion - order the pre-cut ProTek foam insert for the 7PX from AMain, and order a Pelican Vault V200 case from whoever has it the cheapest (I paid $35 for mine). The case is a perfect fit in width, and the length is approx 1/2" longer in length, which leaves the perfect amount of space for the 7PX manual. It's much cheaper than an all-AMain case w/insert, and MUCH cheaper than Futaba's seriously-overpriced case.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

in my reply, while I was serious with my solution, I was mostly joking (say, 80% joking) with my "rant". As for a case, here's a suggestion - order the pre-cut ProTek foam insert for the 7PX from AMain, and order a Pelican Vault V200 case from whoever has it the cheapest (I paid $35 for mine). The case is a perfect fit in width, and the length is approx 1/2" longer in length, which leaves the perfect amount of space for the 7PX manual. It's much cheaper than an all-AMain case w/insert, and MUCH cheaper than Futaba's seriously-overpriced case.
yeah my reply can read as a snap!

I was more annoyed you thought i wanted them bits haha

thanks for the case tip
Old 07-03-2019, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Sadly the Pelican V200 appears to be a US only model (I’m uk based)
Old 07-04-2019, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

I got back into racing after 5 year break and I'm still using a Sanwa M11x. The Futuba 7PX looks really nice, but I'm wondering if it offers a performance benefit (less latency) over the M11x.
I'm using Hitec brushless servo's, so normal digital servo's.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Battery Q

What battery option do you guys prefer?

I’m thinking Li-Fe so I can still charge in the handset
Old 07-05-2019, 12:51 AM
Tech Lord

I have the NiMh pack, that one can for sure be charged when it is in the transmitter, any lithium based battery should be balanced charged once in a while.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roelof
I have the NiMh pack, that one can for sure be charged when it is in the transmitter, any lithium based battery should be balanced charged once in a while.
Maybe?

Just know Futaba do a charger lead for the Life to be charged in situ.

manual just states NiMh and LiFe can be charged in handset Lipo must be removed.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Back to my Q a few post back does anyone know if the 7PXR options can be purchased separately?

And one for the LE owner is the brake trigger metal?

I have the standard 7PX and prefer the feel of the metal trigger but yet Futaba only do the S and SS in metal the medium and large are plastic.

So my question is

1) Are the LE blue trigger metal

2) if so can the be ordered separately

Thanks
Old 07-06-2019, 06:00 AM
Tech Lord

Maybe?

Just know Futaba do a charger lead for the Life to be charged in situ.

manual just states NiMh and LiFe can be charged in handset Lipo must be removed.
LiFe is less fragile than LiPo but still to go safe and get the max (life) out of it balanced charging is still the way to go.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Sadly the Pelican V200 appears to be a US only model (I’m uk based)
Easily solvable, with three possible solutions:

1) Nothing preventing you from ordering from a U.S., or Canadian, business.
2) You could possibly find the Pelican Vault V200 listed on eBay, or similar website.
3) First, check the dimensions of AMain's 7PX insert. Next, compare the interior dimensions of the V200 (14"L x 10"W x 5.5"T, bottom depth of 3.93", lid depth of 1.57", aka 35.6 x 25.4 x 14cm w/ 10cm depth & 4cm lid), and find any other inexpensive case with interior dimensions as close as possible.

Even if you ordered the V200 from a US source, and had to pay an import tax, it would still be a lot cheaper than purchasing Futaba's overpriced case. By the way, AMain's ProTek RC Universal Radio Case Insert for Futaba 7PX (Item #PTK-8182) sells for $16.75USD.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Easily solvable, with three possible solutions:

1) Nothing preventing you from ordering from a U.S., or Canadian, business.
2) You could possibly find the Pelican Vault V200 listed on eBay, or similar website.
3) First, check the dimensions of AMain's 7PX insert. Next, compare the interior dimensions of the V200 (14"L x 10"W x 5.5"T, bottom depth of 3.93", lid depth of 1.57", aka 35.6 x 25.4 x 14cm w/ 10cm depth & 4cm lid), and find any other inexpensive case with interior dimensions as close as possible.

Even if you ordered the V200 from a US source, and had to pay an import tax, it would still be a lot cheaper than purchasing Futaba's overpriced case. By the way, AMain's ProTek RC Universal Radio Case Insert for Futaba 7PX (Item #PTK-8182) sells for $16.75USD.
You would think!

Amazon UK and US doesn’t list it for me, EBay only has a used one and then all the US retailers including pelican themselves do not allow delivery to the U.K. to be specified.

Peli (Pelican in the U.K) do a similar style case but obviously a model up so to speak and around £100-£140

Unusually hard to find something similar with hitting the Futaba’s case price

I have seen Yeah Racing and Speed mind doing zippy style soft cases (be it with foam insert) but nothing outside RCmart for me to get a decent look at them.
JConcept have one listed in reviews but then nothing on their site.

Or might just go with a generic transmitter case from Hudy etc

Last edited by EvilR2.0; 07-07-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.