Like Tree63Likes

Futaba 7PX

Old 07-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EvilR2.0 View Post

You would think!

Amazon UK and US doesnít list it for me, EBay only has a used one and then all the US retailers including pelican themselves do not allow delivery to the U.K. to be specified.

Peli (Pelican in the U.K) do a similar style case but obviously a model up so to speak and around £100-£140.
Do you have any friends/family stateside? You could transfer the funds to them, then they could order it for you, and ship it to you. Yes, it would cost a little more (once the overseas shipping cost is added), but, again, it would still cost A LOT less than Futaba's own case. Even if shipping came to $20-30USD, the final cost would still be less than $100USD (the Futaba case is $150USD). Just trying to come up with any ideas that might help you.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Do you have any friends/family stateside? You could transfer the funds to them, then they could order it for you, and ship it to you. Yes, it would cost a little more (once the overseas shipping cost is added), but, again, it would still cost A LOT less than Futaba's own case. Even if shipping came to $20-30USD, the final cost would still be less than $100USD (the Futaba case is $150USD). Just trying to come up with any ideas that might help you.
No appreciate the input!

To be honest I might just go the universal transmitter case route as it will be stored inside a larger bag.

I know there utility bag options but whatís the general opinion on Hudy and JConcepts bags etc?
Old 07-09-2019, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Back to my Q a few post back does anyone know if the 7PXR options can be purchased separately?

And one for the LE owner is the brake trigger metal?

I have the standard 7PX and prefer the feel of the metal trigger but yet Futaba only do the S and SS in metal the medium and large are plastic.

So my question is

1) Are the LE blue trigger metal

2) if so can the be ordered separately

Thanks
the limited edition just has a carbon fiber Overlay and a blue aluminum brake trigger, blue aluminum screws and blue Aluminium next strap mount. And a white grip
almost everything can be bought on your own.

Im using the blue aluminum brake trigger and blue aluminum screws that I bought off rc mart

Old 07-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
While I really like the blue screws & aluminum trigger (and, I wouldn't mind having the URL to order them), what I REALLY like is the wheel? Where did you get that, and, might they have similar options, but, maybe, with different colors?
Old 07-09-2019, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
While I really like the blue screws & aluminum trigger (and, I wouldn't mind having the URL to order them), what I REALLY like is the wheel? Where did you get that, and, might they have similar options, but, maybe, with different colors?
i got it on eBay. Just search for futaba steering wheel. There like $20 shipped from Asia. Yeah they have many different colors for both the aluminum wheel and for the sponge grip.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

You would think!

Amazon UK and US doesnít list it for me, EBay only has a used one and then all the US retailers including pelican themselves do not allow delivery to the U.K. to be specified.

Peli (Pelican in the U.K) do a similar style case but obviously a model up so to speak and around £100-£140

Unusually hard to find something similar with hitting the Futabaís case price

I have seen Yeah Racing and Speed mind doing zippy style soft cases (be it with foam insert) but nothing outside RCmart for me to get a decent look at them.
JConcept have one listed in reviews but then nothing on their site.

Or might just go with a generic transmitter case from Hudy etc
i use the yeah racing soft case for my 7px and I love it. It was about $35 shipped from rcmart
Old 07-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Hey guys - The plastic clasp has broken off the underside of my radio - the battery door no longer "clicks" in. Any idea how I can fix it?

Last edited by Garet Jax; 07-19-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
Hey guys - The plastic clasp has broken off the underside of my radio - the battery door no longer "clicks" in. Any idea how I can fix it?

I contacted https://futabausa.com/repairs/, signed up for an account and asked the question to them. They told me it would cost approximately $45 and would take 6-7 weeks.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
There are two solutions:

1) The proper, more costly, and more time consuming solution - your Rx needs a new housing (is. case), and, since you can't just pick one up at your LHS, even off eBay (yes, I checked), then you'd have no choose but to ship it to their repair center, pay whatever they charge, and wait for them to fix & return it to you.

2) The easier, cheaper, and faster solution - tape...scotch tape, electrical tape, painters tape, masking tape,whatever tape you have or want to use.

Ask yourself this question, and you should have the answer to which option to go with: Do you care more about how your 7PX looks, or how it functions?
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Little bit gutted as I had a Tetsujin billet steering wheel on order from an EU LHS and they have failed to supply, contacted Tetsujin directly but they no longer have silver instock and no plans to make anymore

Don't suppose anyone knows of anyone US or U.K located (needs to be silver, black or blue)
Old Yesterday, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

I have been slowly switching out my protek servos for the Futaba cb700 and bls571sv servos so I can run sr mode and Iím not sure if I can tell a difference. Can any of you guys that run sr mode with Futaba sr compatable servos tell a difference vs non sr mode with a high end high speed/high tq non Futaba servo?
Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
I have been slowly switching out my protek servos for the Futaba cb700 and bls571sv servos so I can run sr mode and Iím not sure if I can tell a difference. Can any of you guys that run sr mode with Futaba sr compatable servos tell a difference vs non sr mode with a high end high speed/high tq non Futaba servo?
Other than costing more - no, there is no real tangible difference.
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

garet do you have missing part of radio?.There this stuff called Rapid fix its a super glue with powder .make sure you use a small amount of the ca .. and how are your Dremel skills .make piece and glue it up.https://www.walmart.com/ip/0-5ML-DUA...xoCnzoQAvD_BwE
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys. I have bound my 7px to the R334SBS receiver, but I can't get it to control my servo or ESC. Can't find details on what to do next.
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Look if the servo mode is set to SR, if so change it to normal

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service