Like Tree113Likes

Futaba 7PX

Old 10-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
The touchscreen alone has me spoiled enough to where my other half now also has a 7PX.

Does she NEED it? No way, severe overkill.

Does dealing with the touchscreen make my life easier (and more fun?) Yes, yes it does.

Slightly more serious note... are my times faster with this than they were with the 4PX? No.

For most people, either radio is going to be way more radio than they ever need. We run electric only and I've been in the hobby since the 80's... we use what, 5-10% of the settings and features? If that? If I were buying new, I'd get the 7PX without hesitation. If I already had a 4PX in decent condition, it would be more of a want vs. need upgrade. If you want to, great... but don't expect much more than added convenience, the 4PX was already a good radio and it's not like they reinvented the wheel with the 7PX.
DOES THE DROP DOWN FROM THE 4PX FIT THE 7 ?
Old 10-18-2018, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S
Hello guys. I got my 7px yesterday and I updated it this morning. However, I'm having trouble updating the receiver for it. I get an error saying receiver not connected. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Originally Posted by Craig1
Plug the communications lead from the TX into the SBUS port on the RX, then just do all the other stuff as directed.

The update file for the RX is on the Ripmax site.

Do you only get CH1 & CH2 available as wireless?

Missed this one...

When updating from 1.something...

Lead from the 7PX to the RX gets plugged into channel 1... plugging it into s-bus2 won't work and gives you the "receiver not connected" message.

The newest update does say to use s-bus2, it did change at some point

Last edited by LasagnaCat; 10-18-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Forgot one side note...

https://futabausa.com/product-inform...are-downloads/

Version 3.1 software for the TX and Version 3.0 software for the RX are out, in case anyone hasn't seen them yet...
jkurz211 likes this.

Last edited by LasagnaCat; 10-18-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cnk
I didn't have any issues on mine. Just checked and don't see any gaps. Are you sure you didn't pinch a wire or not get a tab inserted correctly?
Im 100% sure i didnt pinch a wire. I double and tripled checked for a pinched wire. What tabs are you refering to?? I read the instructions in the manual and also watched the video on youtube. I did exactly what was layed out. Its not a bad gap, just a little slight gap. Might just be my ocd. It just seems like something isnt right because even when i push the whole steering wheel assembly onto the transmitter its seems to not wanna sit down until i screw the screws in. Not a big deal i guess because its all together and working fine. It seriously is just my ocd. I think when i see the seems all have zero gap, and then the one that i messed with has a quarter millimeter gap. I just think its something i did. I try to take a picture but it seems like there is no gap in every pic i take. So i cant show you visually. Like i said not a big deal to me now since i have made sure no wire is pinched. Also have used the 7px for multiple days and no issue. All is good. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:31 AM
cnk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NevWeezy
Im 100% sure i didnt pinch a wire. I double and tripled checked for a pinched wire. What tabs are you refering to?? I read the instructions in the manual and also watched the video on youtube. I did exactly what was layed out. Its not a bad gap, just a little slight gap. Might just be my ocd. It just seems like something isnt right because even when i push the whole steering wheel assembly onto the transmitter its seems to not wanna sit down until i screw the screws in. Not a big deal i guess because its all together and working fine. It seriously is just my ocd. I think when i see the seems all have zero gap, and then the one that i messed with has a quarter millimeter gap. I just think its something i did. I try to take a picture but it seems like there is no gap in every pic i take. So i cant show you visually. Like i said not a big deal to me now since i have made sure no wire is pinched. Also have used the 7px for multiple days and no issue. All is good. Thanks for the help.
Ah ok. . .when you said gap, I'm thinking a pretty good sized opening. If you're talking 1/4 mm, then that's nothing at all and I wouldn't consider that an issue. If I look at my radio at the bottom, it does get a tiny bit wider and is not zero gap, but not a concern as long as it's not wiggling or loose. If you post a pic, I can compare to mine.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just opened by brand new futaba 7px. It constantly beeps when I power the radio on. Not sure why..... I have a life battery in it and already when in and changed the battery setting to use a life battery. And the battery is a full charge. Have no idea why it’s contantly beeping.....
Old 10-20-2018, 11:49 AM
cnk
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bbarnhardt
Just opened by brand new futaba 7px. It constantly beeps when I power the radio on. Not sure why..... I have a life battery in it and already when in and changed the battery setting to use a life battery. And the battery is a full charge. Have no idea why it’s contantly beeping.....
Mine beeped as well until I switched it to LiFE setting from Alkaline. If it's still beeping, did you charge the LiFe battery?
Old 10-20-2018, 04:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bbarnhardt
Man, you can't be going from just open, to LiFe, to beep! Those days ended shortly after we used little black screwdrivers to adjust our radio settings. 😀

In addition to the help given above, see pages 10, 17/181, 189, 190.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cnk
Ah ok. . .when you said gap, I'm thinking a pretty good sized opening. If you're talking 1/4 mm, then that's nothing at all and I wouldn't consider that an issue. If I look at my radio at the bottom, it does get a tiny bit wider and is not zero gap, but not a concern as long as it's not wiggling or loose. If you post a pic, I can compare to mine.
Here are the 2 places i feel the gap is a little too much. Like i said might just be my ocd. Also when i attach the whole steering unit to the 7px there is a tab at the top the pops out and wont hold unless i push hard. Kind of hard to explain. But anyways, do these gaps look normal??

TOP GAP

BOTTOM GAP
Old 10-20-2018, 06:28 PM
cnk
Tech Adept

I tried to take pics from the same angle as your's. I would say it's negligible and should be fine.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cnk
I tried to take pics from the same angle as your's. I would say it's negligible and should be fine.

Yeah thanks for the pics, makes me feel better. Mine in person isnt even noticeable. Im just being picky i guess and like i said i have OCD like crazy and pick things apart. I have the wheel angle adapter on the way so i will be taking my steering apart again once that gets here. Kinda nervous. I hate taking such an expensive radio apart. Took me alot to fork out the cash for the 7px. Wanted one ever since the 4px came out but never could justify it. So i just stuck with my 4pls i bought for around 180 new. Im super happy with with my 7px though. Such an awesome radio.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

have had a few races on my new 7PX, really like it. what I find interesting coming from a 4PKS-R is that my wheel is offest back, and on the 7PX the wheel offset is forward.

Still sinkin my teeth into all the options and pages
Old 10-29-2018, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

ok, so, thinking i might make the jump.. i have been KO, ever since the helios.. and then i came from an M8, if that tells you anyting..

I currently run the KO EX2, and love it. But im about ready to change radios.. either the RR, or a different brand..

i cant seem to find any 4px out there anymore.

Anyone else done the switch from KO to Futaba?
Old 10-29-2018, 09:17 AM
cnk
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
ok, so, thinking i might make the jump.. i have been KO, ever since the helios.. and then i came from an M8, if that tells you anyting..

I currently run the KO EX2, and love it. But im about ready to change radios.. either the RR, or a different brand..

i cant seem to find any 4px out there anymore.

Anyone else done the switch from KO to Futaba?
4PX was discontinued and replaced with the 7PX. You can only find the 4PX used now unless you happen to come across one at a local shop.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cnk
4PX was discontinued and replaced with the 7PX. You can only find the 4PX used now unless you happen to come across one at a local shop.
Gotcha. I been noticing that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.