R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2017, 12:45 AM   #61
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 722
Default

Good point about the BEC voltage, I hadn't thought of that and all my servos are 7.4v rated. This is one of those "when I update my chassis as the start of the season I'll consider upgrading the esc" kind of deals. The R10.1 is a phenomenal Esc, likely as good as a club racer will ever need. But the increased efficiently of the HMX could possibly provide benefits in spec racing for sure. I know my 13.5 wheelers could use all the help they can get keeping the same power start to finish. Have to say though, I'm running the Maclan 32bit in one of them and the benefit wasn't noticeable to me. But then again, all these top tier esc's are really good these days. Anyone remember when the Novak 410 was the shite? We've come a long long way.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:16 AM   #62
Tech Regular
 
Finalist's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 389
Default Iphone

Can we all get together and ask orion when their Apple support will arrive? Orion doesn't seem to respond... at all... ever... on any media venue... does Orion even really exist?
Finalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #63
Tech Elite
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,089
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalist View Post
Can we all get together and ask orion when their Apple support will arrive? Orion doesn't seem to respond... at all... ever... on any media venue... does Orion even really exist?
I lol'd at that. Cuz it's true.
timannnn6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:46 AM   #64
Tech Regular
 
Finalist's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
I lol'd at that. Cuz it's true.
We may find out. I emailed Orion's corporate parent company, [email protected], yesterday asking about HMX Apple support and when will it be available.

No response on FB, no response on myteamOrion contact page, no response from high ranking team members.
Finalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #65
Tech Elite
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 3,307
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalist View Post
We may find out. I emailed Orion's corporate parent company, [email protected], yesterday asking about HMX Apple support and when will it be available.

No response on FB, no response on myteamOrion contact page, no response from high ranking team members.
I know they put out a nice speed control and all, but this lack of customer support is mind boggling for how much they charge for this thing. Not even a "We're sorry sir, we are experiencing a high volume of inquiries, we will respond to your issue as soon as possible"?
__________________
:::Tekno EB410::: Tekno EB48SL ::: HPI Blitz ::: Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC :::Team Durango DEX210 v2 ::: Team Durango ExoDex210v3 :::Tamiya TB03r/TRF418-ish :::
EbbTide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #66
Tech Regular
 
Finalist's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
I know they put out a nice speed control and all, but this lack of customer support is mind boggling for how much they charge for this thing. Not even a "We're sorry sir, we are experiencing a high volume of inquiries, we will respond to your issue as soon as possible"?
I can almost understand their lack of communication being they are a small Swiss company, but they are not a "Mom and Pop" shop with a language and time zone barrier. They have full time English speaking marketing/design staff as noted in one of their youtube vids. Not to mention the support by their reps in the USA is also non existent.

To absolutely deny any customer support can only be explained by a company policy of "Don't talk to anyone, just get their money."
Finalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #67
Tech Elite
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 3,307
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalist View Post
I can almost understand their lack of communication being they are a small Swiss company, but they are not a "Mom and Pop" shop with a language and time zone barrier. They have full time English speaking marketing/design staff as noted in one of their youtube vids. Not to mention the support by their reps in the USA is also non existent.

To absolutely deny any customer support can only be explained by a company policy of "Don't talk to anyone, just get their money."
Well it sure as heck seems like they subscribe to that policy lol. If I wanted a 32-bit ESC with terrible support, I'd save some money and get an ORCA
__________________
:::Tekno EB410::: Tekno EB48SL ::: HPI Blitz ::: Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC :::Team Durango DEX210 v2 ::: Team Durango ExoDex210v3 :::Tamiya TB03r/TRF418-ish :::
EbbTide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:21 AM   #68
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

We have released new firmwares 1.04 and 2.04 for modified and blinky (EFRA legal).
The main changes in the are:
• Low end power response improved
• Possibility to have stronger brakes by lowering brake frequency
• Timing increase now has more effect on performance (need less timing than previous firmware)
• Punch setting range extended
• Max torque setting function improved
• Added a brake frequency setting to change brake feeling/power (lower = stronger)
• Modified firmware now has default working timing settings (RPM/Turbo) with 10deg timing (you don't need to start from scratch anymore)
• Blinky firmware 2.04 is EFRA approved

Keeps getting better.
dinosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #69
Tech Regular
 
Finalist's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosback View Post
We have released new firmwares 1.04 and 2.04 for modified and blinky (EFRA legal).
The main changes in the are:
• Low end power response improved
• Possibility to have stronger brakes by lowering brake frequency
• Timing increase now has more effect on performance (need less timing than previous firmware)
• Punch setting range extended
• Max torque setting function improved
• Added a brake frequency setting to change brake feeling/power (lower = stronger)
• Modified firmware now has default working timing settings (RPM/Turbo) with 10deg timing (you don't need to start from scratch anymore)
• Blinky firmware 2.04 is EFRA approved

Keeps getting better.



"we"

May I assume by "we" you work for Orion?

May I trouble you with a question? (Every other method of contact has been a dead end)


Would you kindly give me any details on the iOS app release date? Anything like, "next week" or "next month" or "next year" or "never"? anything at all?

Please?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you buy Orion stuff. Meaning you're not likely to have corporate info. thanks
Finalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:49 PM   #70
Tech Elite
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,089
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default

He probably just copied from their site. I've never seen anyone from Orion comment on anything....anywhere.
timannnn6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #71
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Thinking to get this ESC but seems the price GOLD. I stick with my orion r10.1 if they release ios app might get one.
raved007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #72
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalist View Post
"we"

May I assume by "we" you work for Orion?

May I trouble you with a question? (Every other method of contact has been a dead end)


Would you kindly give me any details on the iOS app release date? Anything like, "next week" or "next month" or "next year" or "never"? anything at all?

Please?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you buy Orion stuff. Meaning you're not likely to have corporate info. thanks
No, I do not work with or for Orion. Yes, I copied from an email I got from Orion. I would call Horizon Hobby to see if they have any iOS app info.
dinosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #73
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 26
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Whats the lowest turn the Blinky model can handle for a motor and whats the major difference between the 2?
CPTMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:47 AM   #74
Tech Regular
 
Finalist's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 389
Default

Is it now possible to switch firmware to blinky or mod with the downloads available on hmxtechnology.com? I see there are downloads available but have not heard anybody switching the firmware? does it work finally?
Finalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:40 AM   #75
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalist View Post
Is it now possible to switch firmware to blinky or mod with the downloads available on hmxtechnology.com? I see there are downloads available but have not heard anybody switching the firmware? does it work finally?
Yes, Just download the mod or blinky software and your good to go. I'm glad they fixed that.
dinosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:16 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net