Like Tree22Likes

Team Orion HMX10 esc

Old 12-25-2018, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

I'm new to 1/10 buggy and started out with this esc. Thought I should share my experiance.
I started out with a yokomo yz2 we and this esc and it ran great with no issues. When I then started to make some small adjustments via android app it all begun. The esc didn't take the adjustments, couldn't see what setup that was currently running in the esc, the esc went back to default settings and so on.
Took a break from indoor racing during the summer and ran nitro (main class). Came back in september and put my gear in a new rig. This time it was Associated B6.1 carpet car. Drove the car for a few training sessions and realised that the car were to slow compared to other cars on the track. Tried to change settings via the android app but couldn't get it right, after a month and a half I were sick and tired on the the esc and my LHS sent me a R10.1 pro while they were updating my HMX.
I found that I didn't have the same feeling with the older esc but I could make all the adjustments in my box instead of an app and have all the speed I wanted. I got my updated hmx back and I could ran them back to back before I made my decision of which one I would keep. I drove them back to back a few sessions and came to the conclusion that the hmx is the best esc currently available right now.

PROS
Best feeling both on throttle and brake.
Very adjustable if you use the PC software, it is a must!
You can update it via their website.
Next generation esc compared to all the others mean that this is the forfront of escs on the market.

CONS
Latest firmwares are not available on their website compared what the sponserd drivers have.
Pricing compared to the other brands.
Next generation esc can make it hard to find good support.

This is my experiance, hope this helps!
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I recently installed an HMX 10 in it was pretty easy to setup and flash.

​​​​​​I am using it in a Yokomo YZ4 belt with a 13.5 R1 in blinky mode. The chassis is tight and a top mounted fan just tough to find space for. I do have cooling vents in my body to allow a lot of air to pass over the ESC. I run my car outdoor in South, Florida so the ambient temp can be about 95-100F.

Is a fan required with my setup?

​​​​​
​​​​