Like Tree13Likes

Spektrum DX5R

Old 05-07-2017, 06:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is the 6000T receive capable of 5.5ms frame rate?

It barely fit in the radio box in my Tekno SCT...
Old 05-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lowspark View Post
Is the 6000T receive capable of 5.5ms frame rate?

It barely fit in the radio box in my Tekno SCT...
I would say yes when using 2 channels just like the 6s. I set mine to 5.5 in my 8ight.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Anyone have a small steering wheel their not using?
Old 05-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I am not understanding the modifications in the earlier post for the battery it looks like you can just buy the Spectrum brand rechargble without any modifications is this correct?
Old 05-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJames987 View Post
I am not understanding the modifications in the earlier post for the battery it looks like you can just buy the Spectrum brand rechargble without any modifications is this correct?
Yes, you can buy the rechargeable however, you have to remove it every time you need to charge it, and with the goofy design of the battery door your likely to strip out the 2 screws before long. Not to mention that if you are chargfing it during race night there is no quick way of replacing the battery in a pinch. The mod I did was so that I can just plug in the charger like I used to in my DX4R. So far works like a dream, I'm really glad I did it.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Large grip installed and moved the trigger forward... much better for large hands

First race with the new radio tomorrow...

WoooHoooo !!!!
Old 05-12-2017, 06:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Wrist strap just because.... us old guys get careless on the stand LOL

Strap from Pure-Tech, added a zip-tie to keep snug, just enough to slip my hand thru..
Attached Thumbnails Spektrum DX5R-strap-1.jpg   Spektrum DX5R-strap-2.jpg   Spektrum DX5R-strap-3.jpg   Spektrum DX5R-strap-4.jpg  
Old 05-13-2017, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lowspark View Post
Wrist strap just because.... us old guys get careless on the stand LOL

Strap from Pure-Tech, added a zip-tie to keep snug, just enough to slip my hand thru..
Nice. I'm waiting for a some parts to come in the mail then I will attempt to do a lanyard mod to mine. I'll post up pics if it works out.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone get the pop up screen before it shuts down, saying register your radio. How do I get rid of that? Screen stays on for about 45 seconds after I press the power button. It's annoying
Old 05-21-2017, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by drape63 View Post
Does anyone get the pop up screen before it shuts down, saying register your radio. How do I get rid of that? Screen stays on for about 45 seconds after I press the power button. It's annoying
You can push the scroll button after shutting it down and it will go away.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Radio update.... works great!! Was easy to set up, no complaints, no problems.

Did it make me a better driver? well no, but I can say that it did not feel different or awkward using it... (driving someone else's car with a different radio type of awkward)...

Old 05-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone experience this issue? Track/shop owner ordered a battery for my DX5R. It's PN #SPMB2000LITX, a 7.4V 2000mAh Lithium Ion battery.

I plugged in and changed type to LithiumIon (Systems Settings > Display > Battery). Besides the registration screen mentioned in a previous comment, now when I turn off the transmitter, it turns off but then the bottom of the transmitter starts vibrating. So still have to open up battery door to physically unplug the battery. Huh?!?

I ordered an extra battery door and some connectors. My intention is to create a Y connector and mod openings in the battery door for one of the charge connectors and an on/off switch (to turn off and when charging).

Has anyone performed the software update via the SD, actual experience with resolving issues or causing new ones?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

I always laugh when they list model memory capability. Who really has over 200+ vehicles? I consider myself a pretty big RC addict and between everything I own and I only have maybe 20 or 25 including planes helicopters and land-based vehicles
Old 05-25-2017, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rayzcar View Post
Anyone experience this issue? Track/shop owner ordered a battery for my DX5R. It's PN #SPMB2000LITX, a 7.4V 2000mAh Lithium Ion battery.

I plugged in and changed type to LithiumIon (Systems Settings > Display > Battery). Besides the registration screen mentioned in a previous comment, now when I turn off the transmitter, it turns off but then the bottom of the transmitter starts vibrating. So still have to open up battery door to physically unplug the battery. Huh?!?

I ordered an extra battery door and some connectors. My intention is to create a Y connector and mod openings in the battery door for one of the charge connectors and an on/off switch (to turn off and when charging).

Has anyone performed the software update via the SD, actual experience with resolving issues or causing new ones?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, I had this exact issue. I left my tx charging over night and in the morning it read /8.4v and it would vibrate like crazy when turned off. I did the battery mod so I took the radio apart thinking that I may have crossed a wire or something but no. No wires crossed. What I did figure out is allow the battery to discharge to 7.8v and it no longer vibrates. I'm not sure if this is a voltage safety or what but it makes no sense to me. Since then I only charge the battery to around 7.8v and no problems.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THEMANFZ1 View Post
Yes, I had this exact issue. I left my tx charging over night and in the morning it read /8.4v and it would vibrate like crazy when turned off. I did the battery mod so I took the radio apart thinking that I may have crossed a wire or something but no. No wires crossed. What I did figure out is allow the battery to discharge to 7.8v and it no longer vibrates. I'm not sure if this is a voltage safety or what but it makes no sense to me. Since then I only charge the battery to around 7.8v and no problems.
Thanks for the heads up. Will discharge the battery down. I did email Spektrum in case they have another recommendation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service