Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Reedy vs Smc Lipos: Need some user advice >

Reedy vs Smc Lipos: Need some user advice

Reedy vs Smc Lipos: Need some user advice

Old 11-26-2016, 04:00 PM
Suspended

Default Reedy vs Smc Lipos: Need some user advice

im torn between the reedy 5200mah 50c 4s or the new smc 90c 5200mah 4s, which one do you guys think is better. For the price of one reedy lipo, I can buy two 4s smc lipos. or can you compare the two. Tell me guys which lipo you would go with
Old 11-26-2016, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There's nothing wrong with either, but there's nothing any better about the Reedy ones over the SMC's, you're mostly just paying for the name, so if you would prefer to save some money(& who wouldn't?), then I'd suggest just getting the SMC's, I have several of their packs & have been a customer for a number of years(more than 10 years), & I've never been disappointed with SMC...
Old 11-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
There's nothing wrong with either, but there's nothing any better about the Reedy ones over the SMC's, you're mostly just paying for the name, so if you would prefer to save some money(& who wouldn't?), then I'd suggest just getting the SMC's, I have several of their packs & have been a customer for a number of years(more than 10 years), & I've never been disappointed with SMC...
Agreed. Unless you are the ultimate Reedy fanboy, go with the SMC's. In fact, for me personally, I've had far more issues with Reedy packs puffing very early in their lifespans as opposed to several absolutely problem-free SMC ones.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A lot of people really like the Reedy batteries, but too expensive for my tastes. I use the Vant battery from the Barn Floor. I really like these batteries and they are sometimes too powerful. Don't mess with these unless you run the right wires. I have gone to 10 gauge wires just to be safe, and now the system works great. If the battery wire is 10 gauge, best to run it to the esc with the same gauge, or it might start melting parts, how do I know!