• 1 Post By RacerX11
  • 1 Post By hanulec

EV-Peak and Keenstone chargers

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default EV-Peak and Keenstone chargers

So been on amazon, and having recalled LRP having a soldering station, yet was just a relabel with a markup, just started looking at chargers. Seems most are made by these chinese brands, and then relabled accordingly.

Thoughts, has anyone tried any out, warranty issues...etc.

lets start a discussion thread.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have two Ev-peak ak610 chargers and they have been good to me. Nice thing is that they are touch screen and show IR
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Using an R1 from EV Peak. Basically a Hitec X1 Pro, but with a touch screen in place of that dinky joystick. So far only complaints are that the fan is not temp controlled or variable, so goes full blast noisy whenever you charge or discharge. The other is that the charge amperage is only adjustable during the first minute or so of charging, then it becomes locked - likely for safety considerations. Otherwise, seems accurate, allows me to charge @2c or more on my 2s packs, and is nicely compact and light. Oh, and discharge is limited to ~4amps on 2s packs.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you are charging 4s batteries you need a dedicated charging system. Computer power supplies are cheap enough and easy to mod. Pick up a couple of Hobby King Reaktor 250 chargers and a modded HP 750 power supply and you are good to go. A Junsi 206B charger can do 20 amps.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

some high powered touch screen chargers by ev-peak will be available from Awesomatix USA by the end of next week. furthermore we will be using these products at upcoming races in 2017!!

EV-PEAK
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

will these be relabeled, or standard ev peak. Also whats the warranty?
Old 03-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
some high powered touch screen chargers by ev-peak will be available from Awesomatix USA by the end of next week. furthermore we will be using these products at upcoming races in 2017!!

EV-PEAK
For what its worth, I've had one of these now for about a month and have to say I absolutely love it. I came from the heli world, and can appreciate that my old iCharger Duo's were actually more powerful, but that becomes a moot point with 1-4S charging. I've been working on shrinking my RC footprint and what I bring to the track and Im glad I consolidated to this because it still charges dual channels, and I dont have to lug a PSU with me. 750W built in power supply and 300W per channel is plenty for 1-4S charging, (and it can do up to 500W per channel with an external DC power source).