Like Tree3Likes

KO PROPO EX-RR

Old 06-18-2018, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ryan391 View Post
I see where too, and how too, but what does this update do? I do not see any announcement about what it does or improves vs 2.0?
There is a description of the new features added on this page on the KO website:
https://www.kopropo.co.jp/en/products/view/80621

Martin Paradis
Old 06-18-2018, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I was looking on the blog, and the update appears to be updating the EX-2 to the V2.0 software. I have an EX-RR and want the 2.1 soft ware, this does not appear to be available yet.

My EX-RR shows it has 2.0 in it now...

Am I right that the 2.1 is not ready yet?

Last edited by SLOW 77; 06-18-2018 at 03:32 PM. Reason: info
Old 07-16-2018, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know what the difference is to the new KR-418 receivers? Why have they gone away from the KR-415?
The case looks the same as the old KR-413. Is it just an update to that receiver to add HCS?

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:12 AM
Tech Initiate

What's everyones' thoughts on this radio considering it has been out now for quite a while?

Does anyone think that KO will be releasing a new radio soon to replace the RR?
Old 09-02-2018, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GAMER View Post
What's everyones' thoughts on this radio considering it has been out now for quite a while?

Does anyone think that KO will be releasing a new radio soon to replace the RR?

i switched from a Futuba 4PX and super happy I did. Zero issues in a year or use with the EXRR.

Most of the updates this this past year have been more for drifting.

Not sure what else else needs to change to make the radio any better for OffRoad.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

How have you guys been liking your ex-rr's, I currently own a M12S love it, but my habit on the stand makes me hold the radio low, and the weight of the radio in long nitro mains causes my wrist to lock and go numb...Really looking at the ex-rr carbon limited edition with the lipo bottom on it. I want a more balanced radio,lighter , still highly adjustable like the m12s and still comfortable. Want to hear some of you guys feedback from owning the Ko. Thanks guys.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi all. Just got this radio as I upgraded from the EX-1. Looking for a foam to go in my radio case that is cut for this radio. Anyone know anything where to get one? Not impressed with the soft bag for this expensive of a transmitter.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by INFERN0 View Post
Hi all. Just got this radio as I upgraded from the EX-1. Looking for a foam to go in my radio case that is cut for this radio. Anyone know anything where to get one? Not impressed with the soft bag for this expensive of a transmitter.
i searched all over but couldn't find one. had to go with this: https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...k-8199/p292043
Old 02-21-2019, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

KO EX-RR insert. I made this
Ok I decided I donít like pic n pull as Iíve had em before so I took my old case and made a new insert.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi EX-RR owners, I am planning to get a new transmitter (and receivers) and I am have a dilemma of choosing. All my old RC cars run on Futaba gears but I am reluctant to upgrade to the 7PX as I think it is a bit overkill. I am also thinking about the Sanwa M17 but I think it is also a waste of money as I do not race at all. My last KO was the EX-II (not the latest EX-2, but the AM version) and had very good experiences with them in the 90s'. Here in the UK, EX-RR + 415 costs just above 300GBP which fits pretty nicely with my limited budget.

One thing that I am hesitating is the servo compatibility as I do not want to switch out all my Futaba servos. I know I am not going to get FHSS but has anyone experienced glitches or problems using KO receivers with Futaba digital servos? Another thing is that the AA batteries for the EX-RR are housed inside the grip, without the battery base attachment, are there any aftermarket LiPo which can fit in the grip?

Or should I just stick with the Futaba 4PV?

Last edited by Justhandguns; 03-11-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Justhandguns View Post
Hi EX-RR owners, I am planning to get a new transmitter (and receivers) and I am have a dilemma of choosing. All my old RC cars run on Futaba gears but I am reluctant to upgrade to the 7PX as I think it is a bit overkill. I am also thinking about the Sanwa M17 but I think it is also a waste of money as I do not race at all. My last KO was the EX-II (not the latest EX-2, but the AM version) and had very good experiences with them in the 90s'. Here in the UK, EX-RR + 415 costs just above 300GBP which fits pretty nicely with my limited budget.

One thing that I am hesitating is the servo compatibility as I do not want to switch out all my Futaba servos. I know I am not going to get FHSS but has anyone experienced glitches or problems using KO receivers with Futaba digital servos? Another thing is that the AA batteries for the EX-RR are housed inside the grip, without the battery base attachment, are there any aftermarket LiPo which can fit in the grip?

Or should I just stick with the Futaba 4PV?

Futaba servos work fine in the Ko Receivers.

Ko makes a lower Lipo attachement for the radio.

I have one if I could I would have stick with AAA version.