New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system >

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Like Tree122Likes

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Old 03-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
You should definitely do this before you decide. The ergonomic difference is significant. As soon as I held a MT44 I knew it was the right choice. I'm 5"9'/150, so smaller hands. Not everyone cares about ergonomics, but unless you're a big guy, with big hands, I don't think you'll like the 12.
I'm actually exactly the same size... 5'9" and 145-150lb... so thats +1 for the MT44.. It really sounds like the MT44 has amazing ergonomics...

Originally Posted by RDNKTaz View Post
Shadaloo, why are you considering to leave the 3PV to get a Sanwa?
I honestly like the 3pv quite a bit, I got it when it came out. I broke a rx recently for it, and before buying a new one I wanted to look into other radios just for the hell of it. I really like everything I have heard about Sanwa, and am just looking for something new. I do like how light weight the 3pv is, it has served my well so far... but I like the setup of the mt44's menu and everything more... nothing against the 3pv, I am just looking to try a different brand so I have something to compare it to.

I appreciate all the responses so far, I know this has been covered a million times. I will probably go with the MT44 over the M12RS (or M12S)... I am actually left handed, but I have always used a right handed radio so I think it would be too weird to try and swap now... I am ambidextrous though.
RDNKTaz likes this.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Tech Rookie

I went by the hobby shop today and was actually able to see the 3PV and MT44 side by side. They are close in size but the MT44 is a little smaller. The grip of the 3PV is a little larger than the MT44 and the MT44 is lighter. Going through the menu seemed easier on the MT44 to me because of the one button operation. I spoke with a few guys while there that were using one of each. Those that used the MT44 were consistent as saying how well connected to their vehicle they felt. After this, itís a hands down choice for me, the MT44.
Hang_TiMe, shadaloo and JC3 like this.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I think at the end of the day, you can never go wrong with any of the newer radio choices, even the base models. Yet if you are more serious about R/C and are considering Racing then a higher end model is your best bet, it may be a little more expensive but it will be easier to use.

I think the 3PV and MX6 would be best for those, with vehicles similar to an Traxxas, or Arrma that are looking to get a newer radio, and get away from the basic radios.

You can not go wrong with an MT-44, and when you decide to sell it, you still get a decent coin for it.
shadaloo, JC3 and RDNKTaz like this.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's something I keep hearing too, from basically every review... "feeling more connected to the car" is brought up constantly.. so I want to see what the hype is about.

I am shocked that the mt44 is lighter than the 3pv, to me the 3pv is crazy light!

I will be keeping my 3pv as a backup or if I want to let a friend/wife use it. But I am excited to try out the mt44 for my 13.5 eb410 and my nitro buggy!! Anything to feel more connected to my car is a plus. I am leaning towards the mt44 over the m12rs. They have similar speeds and I don't think the m12rs has any options that I really need? Anyone know of a reason to choose the m12rs over the mt44? Aside from if the ergonomics feel better (which is person dependant)? I have been watching mt44 review videos and the menu seems great, as do the options. Can easily set timers for nitro pit times and stuff with it to eh?
Old 03-13-2019, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

One of the guys I spoke with at the Palmetto Classic said he had considered the M12 but decided on the MT44 because he figured that he didn’t need all of the options offered by the M12. He said that it seemed more for a hard core racer and that the MT44 had all the options he needs nd then some.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadaloo View Post
That's something I keep hearing too, from basically every review... "feeling more connected to the car" is brought up constantly.. so I want to see what the hype is about.

I am shocked that the mt44 is lighter than the 3pv, to me the 3pv is crazy light!

I will be keeping my 3pv as a backup or if I want to let a friend/wife use it. But I am excited to try out the mt44 for my 13.5 eb410 and my nitro buggy!! Anything to feel more connected to my car is a plus. I am leaning towards the mt44 over the m12rs. They have similar speeds and I don't think the m12rs has any options that I really need? Anyone know of a reason to choose the m12rs over the mt44? Aside from if the ergonomics feel better (which is person dependant)? I have been watching mt44 review videos and the menu seems great, as do the options. Can easily set timers for nitro pit times and stuff with it to eh?
The performance of the MT44 and M12RS is the same. What it comes down to is comfort level. Personally I use the MT44. I tried the M12, but it was too heavy for me. I was nervous about the MT44 not having a drop down until I noticed that the wheel position is ALMOST the same as a drop down. It's kind of in between.

My recommendation is to ask someone to hold onto their radio and see if it's comfortable for you. No one else will be able to determine that for you.

Also keep in mind that the new M17 is the next evolution of the the MT44. It's NOT big like the M12.
shadaloo likes this.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those trying to upgrade the firmware. You must name the folders exactly like the website shows. The root file "MT-44'' must be written exactly like this, upper case and dash included and the "update'' folder the same. If you don't, it will never upgrade.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:01 PM
bl4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone tried upgrade the Code10 template? Facing difficulties on this. I got no issue upgrading the firmware.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone seen or made a custom steering wheel angle, its the only thing this radio is missing in my opinion. I'm sure one could be made nowadays with 3d printers all a rage.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default Blue LED Light

Delete

Last edited by slider3; 03-20-2019 at 05:10 PM.