New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Like Tree123Likes

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Old 02-26-2019, 04:33 AM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big ted View Post
So, I managed to get the radio set up with no problems. Ran a few packs through today and really liked the feel of it. Put a new pack in my car and dropped it on the track only for the car to be unresponsive. The ESC is indicating no radio connection, and the LED on the receiver is out. Tried to re-bind but no luck. Couple of other Sanwa guys at the track helped out. I was able to bind my receiver to their radios, but my radio wont bind to anything. Looks like I'm going to try a firmware update and hope for the best...

Update: Hmm. Updating from version 1.13 to 1.18, & rebinding managed to get it to bind on the second attempt. Seems to work, but somehow doesn't feel ''right."
Bummer. You might have to put a call into the US distributor for some help. Apparently the contacts are Serpent USA or Desoto Racing.

Things started out good and the radio felt okay at first, even after "a few packs." Since you have friends that use the same radio, it seems unlikely that you have a configuration error of some kind. Still, I would compare settings with them. Make sure you're on SSR or SHR according to your ESC/Servo setup. Sounds like you've ruled out the receiver as well.

I'm guessing that the radio calibration with the ESC is also successful? What brand of ESC are you using? Also, you may want to verify that your servo is working properly. One guy ran into a servo problem right after setting up his MT44.

You also may want to scan through this thread to see if others have had a similar problem. I believe that only two people have had problems with their radios and had to send them back for repairs. One guy had a problem of the radio randomly turning off and the other guy had a range issue. A firmware update fixed the random turning off I believe and not sure what became of the range issue. Don't give up. The MT44 is worth any struggles that you might have to get through!

Last edited by JC3; 02-26-2019 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Added servo failure note.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:26 AM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

I currently use KO Propo EX-II transmitter with their KR-413 recievers and many KR-211. A hard core racer friend also uses an EX-II and has had great success in Stock TC and Mod TC. However, he used a fellow friends M12s and went 3 tenths quicker. He said he felt more connected to the car and that steering and throttle was more precise as compared to the KO system he currently uses. He stated he will be making the switch to Sanwa M12s very soon.

My question is: I do not have the funds for a M12s, so is the speed, precision, and connectivity just as good with the MT44? I know they moth use FH4. Will I benefit from also switching to Sanwa from KO?
Colin, in a KO Propo FAQ question I saw this:

"What is the difference between the KR-411FH and KR-413FH receivers?

The KR-411FH and KR-413FH receivers differ by the CPU that is used in the receiver. The KR-413FH has a faster CPU to process the information resulting in a smoother and more linear feel.

When this receiver is used with a non-EX-1 KIY, speeds will not be noticed since the transmitter is the limiting factor.
When used with the EX-1 KIY FHSS system, response times can be as fast as 2.8ms in the Advanced mode."

-----------------

If that is the case then when properly configured, the KO Propo with the KR-413FH receiver is almost the same as the Sanwa M12/M12s/MT44.

Of course, all of this is dependent on what we know. That is to say that when it comes to transmitters/receivers we are dealing with a host of rather mysterious and very confusing factors! I don't think anyone actually knows how the radios compare given the extremely limited and totally confusing specifications given by the manufacturers. Spektrum = Frame rate, KO Propo = Neutral balance, Sanwa = SSR/SSH/SSL/SUR. Most of the information given by manufacturers isn't about speed/latency/response time, but rather it's about reliability/security of the signals between the radio and transmitter. Spektrum is the most transparent/informative about this and Sanwa is the only manufacturer that actually makes speed claims but offers no data or information to back it up.

From Spektrum.

Last edited by JC3; 02-26-2019 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Add photo
Old 02-26-2019, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WBB3 View Post
Anyone know where to get a pdf file of the owners mnaual? Also, any good resources that go into more detail / explication on the radios functions?
Thanks!
https://fccid.io/L73-MT44
Old 03-04-2019, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

What servos are you guys using that work well with the mt44 that are compatible with the programming and fast?
Old 03-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I have a question about the mt-44 and rx482 receiver. Do you have to use a sanwa esc to receive electric motor temperature on the mt-44 display?
Old 03-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremia View Post
Hi, I have a question about the mt-44 and rx482 receiver. Do you have to use a sanwa esc to receive electric motor temperature on the mt-44 display?
Yes you do
Old 03-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey chaps.. I'm looking at purchasing an mt-44, could someone tell me, if I set a timer to remind me to come in for fuel, will the transmitter vibrate when the alarm goes?
Old 03-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes it has a countdown timer.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

So 55 pages and only one brief mention of the piano black limited edition. Anyone have info on how many are being made? Anyone have any non-press release pictures?
Old 03-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mariob62 View Post
Yes it has a countdown timer.
Thanks Mario, what I wanted to know was - does the radio vibrate when it reaches the end of countdown?
Old 03-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

MT44 only has a buzzer ( audible) feature. The buzzer noise has different tones but no vibrate feature. M12 series and M17 have the vibrate feature.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Vonbraun
struggling to decide on this or m12s, can't afford m17 unfortunately haha. My 4px has started giving rf transmission problems so time to try Sanwa..
Old 03-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone have an updated list of servos that work with the SHR or SSR mode?
Old 03-08-2019, 07:42 PM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

Protek works with SHR.
RDNKTaz likes this.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Even after reading 35+ pages on this post and multiple others I am torn between this and the m12rs.... since the price difference is only $70ish at max it's a tough choice.... I haven't held either in my hand but from what I hear the mt44 is great in most hands. I'm upgrading from a futaba 3pv, and I race 4wd sct, 13.5 4wd buggy, and nitro buggy... so both the mt44 and m12rs should be amazing choices. I've heard a few people comment on the mt44 feeling cheap, but not too many. seeing that the mt44 is $300ish and $370ish for m12rs I don't see any reason to spring for the m12s or m17...

why is life so hard to make choices? ><

planning on purchasing in April, so I have more time to research still though. I've been watching YouTube like crazy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service