Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system >

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Like Tree147Likes

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Old 12-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Just got the battery should have it done by this weekend. Only thing that I'm concerned about is what if you turn the radio on while its charging? Will it go poof!
shouldn't hurt anything. I'm sure you use your phone while charging, so that case would be the same. Don't think the Tx puts enough load on the battery to hurt it.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 12-17-2018, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default trigger pieces

Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase the trigger accessories separately? I misplaced mine and wanted to try the larger trigger piece. I checked amain, banzai, etc., but couldn't find anything.
Also, does the M12/M12S small grip set fit the MT-44?
Thanks

Last edited by BK24; 12-17-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BK24
Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase the trigger accessories separately? I misplaced mine and wanted to try the larger trigger piece. I checked amain, banzai, etc., but couldn't find anything.
Also, does the M12/M12S small grip set fit the MT-44?
Thanks
Check Desoto Racing thier the US distributor
Old 12-20-2018, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I was considering this radio vs the mts and was wondering if anyone has both can say if the 44 is worth the extra $100 or so. I drive indoors/track only for multiple classes for off-road and I'm currently using a futaba 4pl. I was looking to try something new and purchase 2 Rx to start with and see how it goes. I'm looking to upgrade over the 4pl that is about 6 years old mainly Bc I think there is room for improvement in regards to latency but i don't have a lot of experience with trying new controllers and as you can see I don't change them yearly.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:50 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yz167
I was considering this radio vs the mts and was wondering if anyone has both can say if the 44 is worth the extra $100 or so. I drive indoors/track only for multiple classes for off-road and I'm currently using a futaba 4pl. I was looking to try something new and purchase 2 Rx to start with and see how it goes. I'm looking to upgrade over the 4pl that is about 6 years old mainly Bc I think there is room for improvement in regards to latency but i don't have a lot of experience with trying new controllers and as you can see I don't change them yearly.
I started in RC with a MTS and after roughly a year switched to the 44. I bought my 44 used for $200 with a receiver and sold my MTS for $80 (within a hour of listing it!) and kept the receiver that it came with.

I never had concerns over latency since I had Sanwa however it is a frequent topic of discussion by the top racers at my club. In fact we were talking about it at practice Wednesday. They all want the Sanwa speed/latency but bought into Spektrum and so are stuck with what they have.

I highly recommend the 44 based on the fact that I have slightly smaller hands and the 44 fits perfectly for me. The MTS handle is longer and so the balance is a bit off. The 44 handle is shorter and the balance is amazing. It may sound corny but you do indeed forget that you're holding it. As are all Sanwas, the wheel action is silky smooth. A friend of mine was using a different brand of transmitter, don't remember the brand. He used my 44 at a practice, raved about how good it felt, and had one a week later. He would say exactly what I'm saying. My two Sanwas have worked reliably without any problems.

The downside to the Sanwa setup is the price of receivers. However, they can frequently be bought used or from overseas for roughly $70.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

i found 44 much easier to set up and much confortable
mariob62 likes this.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JC3
I started in RC with a MTS and after roughly a year switched to the 44. I bought my 44 used for $200 with a receiver and sold my MTS for $80 (within a hour of listing it!) and kept the receiver that it came with.

I never had concerns over latency since I had Sanwa however it is a frequent topic of discussion by the top racers at my club. In fact we were talking about it at practice Wednesday. They all want the Sanwa speed/latency but bought into Spektrum and so are stuck with what they have.

I highly recommend the 44 based on the fact that I have slightly smaller hands and the 44 fits perfectly for me. The MTS handle is longer and so the balance is a bit off. The 44 handle is shorter and the balance is amazing. It may sound corny but you do indeed forget that you're holding it. As are all Sanwas, the wheel action is silky smooth. A friend of mine was using a different brand of transmitter, don't remember the brand. He used my 44 at a practice, raved about how good it felt, and had one a week later. He would say exactly what I'm saying. My two Sanwas have worked reliably without any problems.

The downside to the Sanwa setup is the price of receivers. However, they can frequently be bought used or from overseas for roughly $70.
Power Hobby has a clone for like 40 bucks and so does superior hobby. Good thing is once you get them you never have to buy another they last forever especially the 481/82 receivers
airbiscuit and JC3 like this.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks for the post. I'll probably order up an mt44 on from a slow boat soon and try to save a few bucks.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the post. I'll probably order up an mt44 on from a slow boat soon and try to save a few bucks.
Rcmart has the 2 receiver deal on the mt44 for around 275 off and on
Old 01-05-2019, 06:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Ppm

on the mt44 board does it take place to install a ppm module like this?

https://m.banggood.com/pt/DasMikro-Kyosho-MHSASF-Compatible-2_4GHz-Full-Range-RF-TX-Module-RC-Car-Parts-p-1270917.html
Old 01-07-2019, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

On the MT44 how do change the response time to be more like a mt4? Does it depend on what tip of receiver u are using?
Old 01-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yodace
On the MT44 how do change the response time to be more like a mt4? Does it depend on what tip of receiver u are using?
If I'm understanding this correctly, via the bind menu.
RF mode: FH3, FH4T
Response mode: each item has NOR, SHR, SSR to choose from.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:17 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yodace
If I'm understanding this correctly, via the bind menu.
RF mode: FH3, FH4T
Response mode: each item has NOR, SHR, SSR to choose from.
To use SSR, you need the Sanwa servo.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Got my Sanwa Fake DasMikro Receiver but I can't even make it switch on. Any special truck? When I plug in the receiver the wheels would make a small movement and that's all...even with the VRC Connector no chance of seeing an LED Light

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.