New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system >

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Like Tree126Likes

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Old 12-10-2018, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vetting View Post
Hi, I just bought the MT44, and like it alot. I drive Nitro (1/10) offroad and gas (1/5) offroad. I have little knowledge of elctric cars.

I have an old HPI Wheely King, that I thougt my son could mess around with. The original ESC and recevier on the Wheely King is not working, so I have to buy a new set. Is there a cheap ESC and reciever combo that will work with my MT44? I don't want to spend $200 on the Super Vortex, since it is an old Wheely King that my 5 year old son should play with Also, this is the only electric car I have, so I will not use the ESC and reciever on any other cars.

All help is much appriciated.

PS, sorry for my bad english, I'm from Norway
Practically any ESC will work with it. For the receiver, either go with the official sanwa ones, you can see the list here or search the net for the 3rd market ones. The 3rd market ones are cheaper so if it's just bashing then it'll work.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:02 AM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hang_TiMe View Post
Did you track the hours?
No, I don't even know where to look to see the hours. Will look later however I don't think I ever reset it when I put the Lipo in. We'll see.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i just picked up an mt44 on black friday and was finally able to sort out what i needed to do to update the firmware. The micro SD card that I have is a 128gb sandisk card that has been reformatted to 64gb fat32. i was able to use this card to update the firmware to the current revision.

However the main reason that I upgraded from a mt4 to this transmitter is the 250 model memory when using an sd card.

i followed the instructions from the link below and was not able to copy a model to the sd card. I downloaded the file that your supposed to and the extracted the data from the card. I created the Model folder (also tried all caps and all lower case), and then put the modelex.dat file in the model folder.

When i went to go copy a model that I had already changed the name on to the micro sd card, it would go to the micro sd screen but would then go back to the transmitter model list. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

SANWA
Old 12-10-2018, 03:11 PM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
i just picked up an mt44 on black friday and was finally able to sort out what i needed to do to update the firmware. The micro SD card that I have is a 128gb sandisk card that has been reformatted to 64gb fat32. i was able to use this card to update the firmware to the current revision.

However the main reason that I upgraded from a mt4 to this transmitter is the 250 model memory when using an sd card.

i followed the instructions from the link below and was not able to copy a model to the sd card. I downloaded the file that your supposed to and the extracted the data from the card. I created the Model folder (also tried all caps and all lower case), and then put the modelex.dat file in the model folder.

When i went to go copy a model that I had already changed the name on to the micro sd card, it would go to the micro sd screen but would then go back to the transmitter model list. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

SANWA
I've never tried this but can offer a comment. The thing that comes up over and over when it comes to sd cards is the format on them. I think it needs to be FAT32 as mentioned by an earlier poster.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:06 PM
bl4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am also having this same issue trying to update the code 10 templates firmware. Previously using the same SD card(class 6) to update the firmware got no issue.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:24 PM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

1. Go to clock menu in system
  2. Scroll down to system 1 or 2, whichever you wanna reset.
  3. Hold down scroll wheel then select yes.
I used these steps to reset the battery life timer - ON TIME1.

The second selection ON TIME2 can not be changed. The manual says that ON TIME2 is a "guideline for overhaul of the main body unit." Whatever that means! Right now my ON TIME2 shows 0084:11. Before I reset ON TIME1, it was showing the same thing 0084:11. Resetting ON TIME1 did not change ON TIME2. Also, there is no "system 1 or 2" available in this menu.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
I used these steps to reset the battery life timer - ON TIME1.

The second selection ON TIME2 can not be changed. The manual says that ON TIME2 is a "guideline for overhaul of the main body unit." Whatever that means! Right now my ON TIME2 shows 0084:11. Before I reset ON TIME1, it was showing the same thing 0084:11. Resetting ON TIME1 did not change ON TIME2. Also, there is no "system 1 or 2" available in this menu.
My bad. I meant on time 1 or 2 / Yes, it won't change on time 2. Only on time 1 can be changed.
JC3 likes this.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Practically any ESC will work with it. For the receiver, either go with the official sanwa ones, you can see the list here or search the net for the 3rd market ones. The 3rd market ones are cheaper so if it's just bashing then it'll work.
Thank you
Old 12-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've never tried this but can offer a comment. The thing that comes up over and over when it comes to sd cards is the format on them. I think it needs to be FAT32 as mentioned by an earlier poster.
As I mentioned, the sd card already is formatted to FAT32.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:03 AM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by c0bra View Post

As I mentioned, the sd card already is formatted to FAT32.
Did not see that, my bad.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Did not see that, my bad.
Its alright. I am going to try and mess with it again tonight and try and figure out what is causing the problem. If i figure it out, i will let everyone know what I had to do in case somebody has a similar problem
Old 12-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

JC3 likes this.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lexusbest View Post
You put a female charge port across the battery plug? I was working on that so I could run the plug through the rubber grommet which would enable the battery to charge without taking it out of the radio? You follow?
Old 12-13-2018, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
You put a female charge port across the battery plug? I was working on that so I could run the plug through the rubber grommet which would enable the battery to charge without taking it out of the radio? You follow?
haven't put any plug yet, will check that
Old 12-14-2018, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lexusbest View Post
haven't put any plug yet, will check that
Just got the battery should have it done by this weekend. Only thing that I'm concerned about is what if you turn the radio on while its charging? Will it go poof!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service