Like Tree16Likes

Futaba 4pv

Old 07-05-2017, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ravage View Post
What life pack is every one using?
*decided to go with the turnigy nano tech*
Thats the one I'm using - so far on the first charge I've done 2 race meets (1 a 2-day - 5 qual + 3 A-mains) plus a whole lotta time on VRC & it's only just hit 6.7 volt
Old 07-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What life pack is every one using?
*decided to go with the turnigy nano tech*
Can you link to specifically which one you are using? It's not clear to me at a quick glance which LiFE packs I need to be looking at.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stiggosaurus View Post
Can you link to specifically which one you are using? It's not clear to me at a quick glance which LiFE packs I need to be looking at.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...t14sg-4pk.html is what I'm using
Old 08-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by theishkid View Post
Has anyone found a softish case for the 4PV yet? I'm putting my car and remote in a large Pelican case so I don't need a big hard case for the 4PV, mainly just something to keep it from getting scratched up if it bounces around a little in the case.
It's not a soft case, but the black Spectrum hard case works perfectly. I just put some stickers over the "spectrum" logos. I have the drop down and angle add-ons installed on mine, too. Couldn't ask for a better fit, plus it's great protection.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maynard46_2 View Post
It's not a soft case, but the black Spectrum hard case works perfectly. I just put some stickers over the "spectrum" logos. I have the drop down and angle add-ons installed on mine, too. Couldn't ask for a better fit, plus it's great protection.
Not sure if they still make them, but pure tech rc made some awhile ago.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Looks like there hasnt been much traffic in this thread in over 2 months. Well I just picked up a Futaba 4PV from another racer on RCTech for my 2wd 17.5 buggy and 4wd 17.5 rally touring car. Already came with LiFe battery and drop-down steering wheel so I ordered the Futaba 4PX large rubber grip, the Futaba Carbon Carrying Handle, JConcepts 4PX Transmitter Case and Futaba R304SB-E receiver.

Anyone have any recommended places to get a carbon fiber skin?

Looking forward to receiving radio!

Chi
Old 10-25-2017, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

does this radio mix channels? I have to mix a brake servo, steering servo and esc and really like this radio. Also what lipo or life is everyone using?
Old 10-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)
Default Timer function

I just came here to try and find out how to use the timer function and realized quite a few others were asking the same ? To no avail.

I found the answer on YouTube searching Futaba Timer.

All you need to do is set a switch to operate the timer first. Go to "switch" and change the PS2 button (You can pick the button that works best for you) and change that function to read "Timer"

Now when you start the timer, when you click that button it will record lap times or stop/start the timer depending on if you have it on Lap, Up, or Down.

Hopefully this helps others searching for this out.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RyeRey521 View Post
I just came here to try and find out how to use the timer function and realized quite a few others were asking the same ? To no avail.

All you need to do is set a switch to operate the timer first. Go to "switch" and change the PS2 button (You can pick the button that works best for you) and change that function to read "Timer"

Now when you start the timer, when you click that button it will record lap times or stop/start the timer depending on if you have it on Lap, Up, or Down.

You could also just read the manual...
Old 10-27-2017, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RyeRey521 View Post

Heads up - it only sets up the timer for the model that you're on!!

On the plus side, you can set it for refuel times for your nitro cars & set it for race lengths for your electric cars
Old 11-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So I'm having a little bit of trouble pairing. I follows the instructions and nothing happens. The reciever has a solid red light that links every 2 seconds or so when I hold the button down.
I hope this has been handled, if not pm me at will

Has anyone tried a LIPO pack? 7.4v? I'm nervous about trying to feed my tx that much, but wonder if I could
Old 11-12-2017, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27 View Post

Has anyone tried a LIPO pack? 7.4v? I'm nervous about trying to feed my tx that much, but wonder if I could

Hi Adamska27, Although it does not explicitly state in the manual not to use a LIPO battery, its best to use a LiFE battery.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adamska27 View Post

I've been running a 1000 mah 2S lipo for a full year. No problem at all.

I did have a Lipo that would not take a charge after the parasitic draw sucked it dry over the Summer. That was sitting for almost 4 months without touching it. In Normal 3 to 4 week breaks, it's no problem. I unplug the battery now if I know I can't make it to the track for a month.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Eddie_E View Post
...I did have a Lipo that would not take a charge after the parasitic draw sucked it dry over the Summer.
Wow - the lipo in my KO EX10 was still charged & good to go after sitting in the radio not being used for almost 10 years
Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mine is under the tree. Can't wait to use it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.