Like Tree10Likes

Futaba 4pv

Old 02-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

In S mode you only hold the bind button on the receiver until it turns green. If you have a T receiver, you have to start the binding timer by pressing the joystick in bind execute then the receiver bind button. If it times out just do it again. it will be green when bound. This is from memory, if it doesn't work, I'll dig out the instructions that come with the receiver.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Eddie_E View Post
In S mode you only hold the bind button on the receiver until it turns green. If you have a T receiver, you have to start the binding timer by pressing the joystick in bind execute then the receiver bind button. If it times out just do it again. it will be green when bound. This is from memory, if it doesn't work, I'll dig out the instructions that come with the receiver.
My manual says click Rx for 2 secs after initiating 20 sec timer on radio
Old 02-28-2017, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by splitoris View Post
My manual says click Rx for 2 secs after initiating 20 sec timer on radio
In a busy setting, it can take up to 5 seconds.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Still didnt do it! im beating my head against the wall
Old 02-28-2017, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

nvm got it lmfao
Old 03-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Could I of gotten a bad Rx? Turned on this morning and wasn't linked. I'd was there of Rx but no green light
Old 03-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe your green LED got soldered backwards. Diodes only flow current one direction.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looking at the 4PV, 4PLS, & 3P. Any input this is a tough decision. I don't know which one to pull the trigger on. I will mostly be club racing. 4PV-$280, 4PLS-$180, & 3PV-$110.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Looking at the 4PV, 4PLS, & 3P. Any input this is a tough decision. I don't know which one to pull the trigger on. I will mostly be club racing. 4PV-$280, 4PLS-$180, & 3PV-$110.
Get the 4PV, this way when you grow out of the others you're not buying it later.

I bought the $100 spektrum and wish I had just gone straight to the 4PV. A radio is one of those things you don't want to skimp on!
aaron2u likes this.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by johnny44 View Post
Get the 4PV, this way when you grow out of the others you're not buying it later.

I bought the $100 spektrum and wish I had just gone straight to the 4PV. A radio is one of those things you don't want to skimp on!
This
Old 03-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny44 View Post

+1
The amount of radio you get for the price is unbeatable and you should be able to save a few dollars with a coupon through tower or amain
Old 03-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys how does the lap function work on this? Correct me if I am wrong do you have to push a button every time you want it to stop counting a lap and start another?
Old 03-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

So I was tightening the trigger tension and the whole thing came out with spring now I put it back together and trigger has no tension.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have both the 4PLS and the 4PV. I bought the 4PLS about a year ago and bought the 4PV 3 months ago. The radios seem to be on par with one another when it comes to function (speed, features, menus, etc.), and the 4PLS was a huge upgrade from my Spektrum radio on the same listed above. Just that upgrade in radio gave me .5 of a second/lap, purely because of my confidence in my equipment. Now switching to the 4PV shaved another .2 per/lap, partially for the same reason, but also one other large reason. In my opinion, where the 4PV truly shines is simply in its design/form factor. Its simply comfortable to hold. Its the same form factor as the 4PX and for $280 feels like you are holding a $500-$600 radio. All of my racing buddies have the 4PX and they are buying 4PVs as a backup radio.

In comparison, I drove another friends car yesterday and he has the MT4-S and that radio felt like a toy. There is no question the MT4-S is a great radio, but for me there is nothing like the form factor that Futaba has moved to.

If you are in the market for a new radio and not trying to spend $600, and looking for a race radio then the 4PV should be on your list, maybe even at the top.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey folks... I'm relatively new (back from a long break) and I'm trying to get a handle on the 4pv. I picked it up at the suggestion of my LHS when I initially picked up the things I needed.

I'm quite happy with it so far but now I'm finding myself looking to know things like motor temp and lap times. Sometimes it's tough for me to follow manuals (my LHS helped me bind the receiver) and my wife doesn't want to read and explain to me what I need to do - hah! What would I need to do to take advantage of the temp and lap time function?

Also - any tips on updating the transmitter ?

Thanks and hopefully these aren't too obvious of questions

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service