Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gawith0413 View Post
Anyone know where to get the drop down?
I've looked high and low. Back ordered everywhere
Old 01-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got my 4pv radio today. Any tricks/suggestions on set up? (Out of the box, rx installed into my sc10 and have the steering dialed in, not sure what else i need to do right off the bat)
Old 01-13-2017, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
Just got my 4pv radio today. Any tricks/suggestions on set up? (Out of the box, rx installed into my sc10 and have the steering dialed in, not sure what else i need to do right off the bat)
Use it
Old 01-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heheh, Oh I plan on using it, just wasn't sure if there was something I overlooked after binding/configuring steering is all. (I suppose I could read the instruction manual but I fear I'd have my man card revoked for doing that)
Old 02-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any more updates or feedback on this radio. Anyone got the dropdown for it r the CF holder piece?

Been saving and waiting to get this baddie. My LHS has it in stock... Come on pay day!!

Thanks
Old 02-15-2017, 12:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Default First reply

I just recently purchased this radio 2 weeks ago. I'm very new to the RC racing and I'm going to be entering my first race this Sunday. Bought my very first kit (associated B6d) early December.
I started with a spectrum Dx3e. After a few weeks learning some basic radio adjustments, my brother let me borrow his Spektrum Dx3r. It was a night and day difference and I instantly was a lot more connected with my car. But I knew I had to find a new radio still. So after setting a budget and doing a good amount of research. I spent all of January figuring out what radio I was going to pick up. Decided to roll with the 4pv...

So far, so good. I love almost everything about this radio. The adjustments, the screen, navigating through the menus, the responsiveness, and just the overall feel and build.

I just ordered the APA steering angle add on and the Drop down add on for the radio.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mars209 View Post
I just recently purchased this radio 2 weeks ago. I'm very new to the RC racing and I'm going to be entering my first race this Sunday. Bought my very first kit (associated B6d) early December.
I started with a spectrum Dx3e. After a few weeks learning some basic radio adjustments, my brother let me borrow his Spektrum Dx3r. It was a night and day difference and I instantly was a lot more connected with my car. But I knew I had to find a new radio still. So after setting a budget and doing a good amount of research. I spent all of January figuring out what radio I was going to pick up. Decided to roll with the 4pv...

So far, so good. I love almost everything about this radio. The adjustments, the screen, navigating through the menus, the responsiveness, and just the overall feel and build.

I just ordered the APA steering angle add on and the Drop down add on for the radio.
Same here, just starting out after a very long lay off from RC and was looking for the right radio and thanks to lots of decent reviews and other info sourced from around the web, this forum and others, YouTube etc. the 4PV ticked all the boxes. Well priced for the range of functions, overall style, weight with battery fitted, screen size and it feels quality.

I think for someone like myself who's either returning to, or getting into RC for the first time and wants a good quality radio but doesn't want to go bargain basement, or top of the range on price, the 4PV fits the bill no doubt. I considered the 4PX, but to be honest the 4PV has like 85% of it's bigger brothers functions and for a newbie it's like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut, going for any top shelf radio gear and not using it to it's full potential.

So I thought better to save a few quid and use the extra on something else I'm no doubt gonna need and look at upgrading to the 4PX should I ever want or need to.

@Mars209
Where did you order the steering add-on's from mate?
Old 02-15-2017, 02:57 AM
Tech Initiate

At activepowersports.com. tower has them on back order til March.

Just curious... What servos do you guys recommend in the 120ish area... I'm running a protek t100. Looking for a solid upgrade.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for that
Old 02-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

@Mars209 & @2fst4u67

This is exactly what I was looking for. I too have been reading, researching, watching Youtube videos etc on this radio.

From what you have both said, it's a no brainer to pull the trigger on this baddie.

I went to my LHS and held it on my hand first, I also held the MT44 and DX6R Pro, and none of them jumped out at me like the 4PV, and the way it felt in my hand.

@Mars209 - "I just ordered the APA steering angle add on" Do you have a direct link for that? All I can find on their site is the one for the 4PX. Are they interchangeable?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just like you guys new to the hobby and this is my first radio and it feels great! Thinking of ordering the smaller grip since I have small hands and thinking of grip. Is the angle addon a popular thing on radios?
Old 02-16-2017, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

How do I change the models on the radio. I have been using model number 1 for vrc pro, but yesterday I set up a car on model number 2. For the life of me I could not get it to go back to model number one. There was a section with a bunch of model numbers. I selected number 1 and it stated model number 2 copy 1. Then when I selected 3 it stated models number 3? Im confused here.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

@Mars209 - "I just ordered the APA steering angle add on" Do you have a direct link for that? All I can find on their site is the one for the 4PX. Are they interchangeable?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Yeesh... The drop down is the same as the 4px... Hopefully the angle is too... I'm going to just wait and see when it gets here I guess.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mars209 View Post

Thanks
Yeesh... The drop down is the same as the 4px... Hopefully the angle is too... I'm going to just wait and see when it gets here I guess.[/QUOTE]

Okay cool. Can you check back here once you get it? I'll hold off ordering that piece.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Looks like Mars209 has inadvertently become the tester for the steer wheel add-on I'm gonna hold off as well lol!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service